In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I won!

KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
I joined a 5 spot shooting league and the league ended. My partner and I won the league and I won most improved. First trophys since little league for me. Started shooting 264 and ended shooting 295. Had a lot of fun and learned alot also.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Congrats! Whats perfect? 300 60x or is that a different game? [:D]
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Yep 300 plus 60 X's is perfect.
    edited November -1
    I should give it a try someday I know so many people that do it. Congrats again!
  • Easton Archer 66Easton Archer 66 Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    grats on your win and improvement. Your scores brought back some old memories for me going back to 1965-66. As a teenager in 1965 my mom took me to an archery tournament @ Anderson, IN.; about a 100 miles from my home. All I knew was that there was a match that day but had no idea it was the INDIANA State Archery Championship. Before I left home that morning, I fired a complete 300 round in my backyard, shooting a 264, the highest score I had evere shot. After arriving at the range that Sunday morning, mom paid my entry fee, gave me a buck to eat on & then left for home. I still had no idea what the match was until a friend approached me and somewhat angrily, asked me what I was doing there? We had competed against each other the week before & I had pretty well clobbered him score wise which explained why he didn't tell me about the State Championship coming up. I just told him that I heard there was a match and I wanted to shoot, so here I was. We were both competing in the Intermediate class & he really didn't want me there. After shooting the first half, we stepped off the line for a break as the scores were posted on the Score Board. While looking for my score, I heard several men talking among themselves, asking who this Brinkman guy was who leading the Amateur men's Class. At the mention of my name, my head swiveled to where they were; fear & worry in my still changing voice as I said "That's me"! The embarrassment on the faces of all those men made the entire day worth while as they all rushed over to the Scoring Table to get my name removed from the MEN's Score Board & back to the Youth Class where it belonged. At the end of the day, I had fired another 264, winning the Intermediate Class by 17 points over my ex-friend; with my score being 3th in the adult division. That was in 1965,
    1966 turned out being one of the finest years in my archery career. Over a period of 9 days, I was able to win High Amateur in the Ill State Indoor Championship; with my mentor, Lester "JUGGER" Gervais tying the world record by shooting a 858/864 & winning the pro class.
    The next day, Sunday, we both shot and won our respective Classes @ the Indiana State Indoor Championship; but this time I managed to beat him by shooting a 296, setting a new state record. The following weekend we went to Detroit, MI to compete in The International Indoor Archery Championship. The tournament was a double 300 match; and Jugger won the Men's Professional with a 592/600 while I shot a 587/600 to win the Amateur Men's Championship.
    Those 9 days were the finest days HE has ever allowed me to show the skills & abilities HE gave me. I can't begin to say how many times I have offered thanks to HIM for the memories I will always carry in my heart.
    Oh, I did forget to mention the fact we were still using recurve bows, aluminum arrows, & fingers. We've come a long way BABY!
    edited November -1
    Thanks for sharing your story 66! Good reading.