In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A rant from the weekend

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is something that p@@sed me off royally this past weekend. I was driving out to my hunting cabin and one a corner three puppies were appearntly dumped out. I had to slow down for the corner and they ran after my truck for 50 to 100 yards. They looked like they were going to be big dogs. Long legs big paws kind of an ashy gray/light brown with dark, short muzzles. I kept driving and they were gone when I went back through later that night after hunting. It really pi$$es me off that someone would rather dump these dogs out in the rural area to fend for themselves rather than take them to a shelter try to find homes for them. Or worse case, humanely put them down. I have done this to some animals (put them down) in my area but can't believe that someone would just throw them out in the middle of know where with little chance of survival. Anyone else have this problem in their area? Okay, rant over. We now return you to our normal programing.

waco.gif
Semper Fi!

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Nothing pisses me off more.[:(!] Kitties, I could have taken care of, but puppies would be riding shotgun.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Nothing pisses me off more.[:(!] Kitties, I could have taken care of, but puppies would be riding shotgun.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg

Ditto that bro.

00deer4.gif
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    @. well use your imagination
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    If you run across them again let me know. I'll help find a place for them. The color you descibe reminds me of a weimariner (sp?) I'd take them all if they were that breed. [:D]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    And they say Hunters are mean people??????

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    at least hunters don't make the animal suffer we kill them not starve them
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    That's just ignorant for someone to do that. One time we were fishing in the river and heard something on the bank above us, here came a bag tumbling down the bank then a car started and drove away. The bag made sounds so we paddled over and found 6 or 8 pups barely with their eyes open. we took them to my buddies sister, she feed them with an eye dropper then gave them away to customers in her barber shop. I think 1 or 2 died though. Woulda liked to have found that person to.
    I'd rather put an animal down before seeing it go through anything like that.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent