In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arrows for youth bow

bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
It's me again...any ideas or comments on arrows for my son's bow. Its a browning Micro Midas 3 with a 30# draw weight and 22" lop. He will be using it for 4-H competition...any help or comments appreciated....thanks Bull

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I bought some gold tips for my nephew, I don't recall what size but they were for a youth set up, they were like 22" uncut or something like that. Got them from the local shop.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check your shop for Beeman youth arrows, they have them in different sizes according to the draw weight.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and stay away from the cheap cheap arrows.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    when i started, i was pulling about 40-45 pounds. since then, i have been used Carbon express arrows. i have hit trees, boards, and lots of other stuff and never had one bust[V][}:)][8D]. great arrows!
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carbon arrows last forever and are worth the ridiculous price. Swallow hard and buy a half-dozen. Your son will have the best arrows at the competition.
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info guys...looks like carbon will be the way I go...I was using Gold tips myself till I had the three neck surgeries and a shoulder operation..but I turned my Mathews down to about 40#'s and am trying it again..I think the father/son competition will be good for him[:D][8D]