In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check your local regs! Here in Minnesota they are illegal because of the cut diameter. Also they do not make much of an entry hole. They are designed to open after penetrating the skin.

That being said I know the local pro shop owner uses them on turkeys. He has killed 60 some birds with these heads. They are very deadly.

If you want a 2 blade mechanical head I would (and did) go with the Rage. They make a good entrance and exit hole. Nearly softball sized in the coyote I shot on Sunday!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Ima fan of hammer heads by rocket
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Check your local regs! Here in Minnesota they are illegal because of the cut diameter. Also they do not make much of an entry hole. They are designed to open after penetrating the skin.

That being said I know the local pro shop owner uses them on turkeys. He has killed 60 some birds with these heads. They are very deadly.

If you want a 2 blade mechanical head I would (and did) go with the Rage. They make a good entrance and exit hole. Nearly softball sized in the coyote I shot on Sunday!

Holy cripes man....what are your regs for cut diameter?

Oh I went rage also, I can give more input after I shoot a deer with one. [:D]
    edited November -1
    We can have no more than 2" cut dia for big game. Small game anything goes.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

Oh, I was thinking they were to small. [:D][;)]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Use the 3 bladed Rage 1.5" cut.
  • sharpshoootersharpshoooter Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those 2 bladed rages leave a good size hole. my buddy shot one with it. u can stick 3-4 fingers in the entrance and 4for sure on exit. maybe a little over board on the finger thing.
    edited November -1
    [/quote]
    Use the 3 bladed Rage 1.5" cut.
    [/quote]

I am using the 2 blade this year... the rule says no more than 2" so I am pushing it.

Sharpshooter
    You are right about the holes... The coyote I shot Sunday had a hole the size of a softball! Blood trail like crazy too. Made it maybe 30 yards and that was all.
  • sharpshoootersharpshoooter Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well it could have been bigger, it was getting dark heck maybe a whole fist can't remember, but it was a bit hole!!!!