In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ok guys... need suggestions

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
here is my dilemma..

I have my bow maxed out and was shooting Davids set at 68 this weekend. He is a righty and I am a lefty.. so no I cant just take over his bow... I can shoot it but not real well.

Anyway so... My bow shoots fine.. and I like it. I dont see any real reason to goto a heavier draw just because I can. Can you guys give me any valid reasons?

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Cause you can is all the reason I would need. [:D]

Its good to buy new things for yourself. could be another reason.

I can come up with lots of reasons but you had to throw that "valid" thing in there
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    faster bow = flatter shooting arrow = less likely to shoot under a deer because you misjudged distance
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    gagirl - what is your's maxed out at. If it is less than 60lbs, I would suggest upgrading just for the fact that you can get a flatter trajectory as Ben stated, plus you can go down to shooting one pin to 40 yards.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I still have my LX Mathews for sale. 60-70lbs, 28" draw. I would make you one heck of a deal on it.

If you turn around and take another pic. it would even be cheaper.[:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    If it aint broken don't fix it...[;)] Put that boob away[:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    I still have my LX Mathews for sale. 60-70lbs, 28" draw. I would make you one heck of a deal on it.

Is it a lefty?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

Is it a lefty?

No. I just read that you needed a lefty.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

How much..
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    If you shoot well with your setup right now, and have achieved confidence with it, stay with it. It kills, right? What more do you need. It's like all these folks who went to these big magnum rifles because it is the "rage". It's not about how big, it's about quality shot placement. If you are effective and efficient with your setup, don't beg for a the headache of a new setup that you "just can get to work like your old setup." This, from the experience my brother had when he chose to go to a solocam over his old PSE. He wasn't happy but stuck with it due to the "investment" trap.

Just my 2 cents. Like buckeye said.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

How much..

Make me an offer. I would think that shipping would be high for an oversize item.
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

How much..

Make me an offer. I would think that shipping would be high for an oversize item.

Shipping probably isn't as high as you might think

I shipped a PSE firestorm from Indy to Tucson Arizona (Back to PSE)
    with $500 worth of insurance for $10.58 I figured it would be a lot higher but it was surprisingly cheap