In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hey shoff

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
What fletch would you recomend for my new GT 30X Pro's? I want something that will look good, and work good. Please give me an idea for what to use. I was thinking 4" feathers... all white.

Anyone else please feel free to speak up as well.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like those stripped gateway feathers. I have 2 reds, 1 white on my easton cobalts, those look HOT! But I never did try some of the stripped ones that are red and white, or blue and white, red and black. Those would look good on the all black of the GT's, finished off with a white nock or even black nock. [:D]

Dang I just went and looked on gateways website and they don't have as many colors as they used to have.

http://www.gatewayfeathers.com/barred_feathers.html

Hopefully your bow shop sells them. I don't like to order feathers online because you never know how the base is going to be. I always buy mine at a shop and go through their bags to find the best ones.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now I am thinking the Rayzr feather look good. Don't need a lot of fletch to go 60'...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got 6 of them done. I went with 3 white Rayzr feathers. I like them. What do you think?
    IMG_0204.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    What do you think?

Kind of plain, but thats what I did with my 3D arrows I made up last year, they were GT's with white vanes. I don't know, unless you used a wrap, what you could do with GT's to make them look sweet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Speaking of feathers though, do you have a link to the manufacturer?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    These are Gateway Rayzr's. I got them at Gander Mountain. Just thought I would try something different.

As for the plain look... I like it. My 3-D arrows are Pro Hunters with 3 black duravane 3-d and black pin nocks. I even took a black marker and colored the pin nock bushing black. Just try to pick out my arrow on most 3-d targets...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hmm, they should anodize the bushings black or better yet, red with the red pin nocks.