In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois Hunt

hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
I finally got around to checking on licenses for Illinois and was very suprized at the price. All the rumors I heard about licenses going up to $400.00 for non-resadents were not true at all. I wated to late for the archery hunts so I will have to settel for gun season, not my first choise but the only choise I have now if I am to hunt up there. If I am drawn I will be heading north this season, Nov 18,19,& 20, to try and catch one of thoes big Illinois bucks slipping around. I will be in Lawrence County a little north of Allendale. Any body close to that area?.
Hornet

Comments

• hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greatings from the South. Well guys and gals I made it back from Illinois with a deer. Got to shoot a 11 point while I was up north. Not a big rack but a nice deer. He was alot biger than the deer I get here on the coast. I had a great time as always. Met some great folks from up there and managed to pick up a little taxidermy busness while I was there also.
    Just had to let everyone know I made it back safe and sound and with some meet to put in the freezer. Maybe net season I can do this again with a bow.
    Hornet.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I will be a few counties away. The out of state tags are going up each year til '07 at which time they will be $425. So gettin in this year was a good idea. Good luck to you on your hunt.
    I'll be in Jefferson Co.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better get the archery tags next year while the gettin's good. I'll be about 20 miles west of Bang during firearm season. Maybe this will get buckey (the tight wad)[:D][:D] to head our way next year.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Maybe this will get buckey (the tight wad)
    anim_rofl2.gif

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    What tight wad? I was comming this year but your imbred poltitions could not decide if an americian from another state would be allowed to hunt there. Only immigrants have rights now a days. Ill be out next year for sure.[;)]
    edited November -1
    I really enjoy hunting up there. It is a real change from hunting down South. We have plenty of deer just not a many big deer as you folks do. Seems the older I get the less I care about filling all my tags, we can take up to 8 deer per season down here in Mississippi. I would much rather take one big buck that a bunch of small ones.
    Hope to know something about my deer permit around the first of October. And you guys are right, better go while I still can. Us non native Illinois folks won't be able to hunt there much longer, can't afford it. I may look into buying some land up there so I can still hunt.

Keith
    edited November -1
    I saw on a different forum that all non res. that applied for archery will be getting them, they only sold 16,000 and some and teh cap was 20,000. again this was from another forum so take it for what it is worth.
    Good luck to you hope you get the big one.

edit, I just read it on the INDR web site that everyone that applied before the july 31 dead line will be awarded a permit.

edited November -1
    I may be left out in the cold, I did not send my paper work in until August 1. Maybe I will slid in , I hope so. I did not find out until the end of July that I had a place to hunt. Wish I could have got that info sooner. I will just have to wait and see.

Hornet.
    edited November -1
    See Illinois Sucks. Thats not fair. But so does Rhode Island.[:(!]No offence to you guy's[;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Don't worry, Buckey. We got awesome hunting, but us downstaters are ruled by Chicago, and most of them (excluding the Cubs) have their heads in their *.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    10-4 ben, good news though, our local news station runs these non-scientific online polls and one of the questions is will blagoiovich (sp) be re- elected, 89% of those polled said NO.

I say VOTE BEN!!!!!!![:D][;)]

edited November -1
    Ben for president[:D][:D][:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I always said I would campaign on the Black Magic Marker. No new laws, no new gov't programs. Just a magic marker, and go back through and start crossing all the crap off the books.

Then again, the press would have a hayday with my past...and maybe even present.[:p]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!