In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Off to the east- this time with the rifle

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bow season is closed in Wisconsin, but that just means I can dust off my Winchester that has been begging to be shot. We shall see what I can get this year. One nice 10pt shot already by my FIL with a bow, and lots more good deer up there. One 8pt is 24" wide! I can't wait to get up there. Leaving first thing in the morning.

I will try to let you all know how it is going.

BTW I only have 20 more hours of work for the month!

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you. I'm heading out tomorrow morning for the first day of our shotgun season. I have watched a couple of nice bucks. I need meat in the freezer though.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gl heading out with my bow going to try to put my team on the board
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    gun season starts at a half hours before day light saturday for me
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Well I got a doe yesterday. I passed on a half racked buck Friday. I might regret not putting him in the freezer. The doe I shot was about 90 lbs. She was quartering more than I thought. Missed the sweet spot and got guts and it went through and stuck in the back leg.[xx(] I jumped her and decided that I would back out. Came back an hour later and started trailing. Jumped her again but she was about done. She did manage to fall into the river. I believe it was the deepest part. Behind most of my stands it is less than a foot deep. Where she fell in it was past my belly button. I didn't have long johns on and let me tell ya, it was COLD. My son was going to come in and help but I told him I'd get it. I am upset with myself for where I hit her but am glad that I did make the recovery.
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Chief - a 90 lb doe up there is called a fawn isn't it?[:p]

Good job and congrats on sticking to it. There are many "hunters" that I have seen lately that if it doesn't drop where it is standing, they just give up.