In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Getting started: Diamond Black Ice

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
I'm looking at getting back into archery after a long battle with shoulder and elbow issues. I've asked my bow hunting friends what is the best bang for your buck and a couple of them said the Diamond Black Ice would be a great place to start.

If you were starting over what would you buy?

Comments

• azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta go with the Ice. Have had one for two+ yrs and love it. I shoot about 20 arrows/day average and have no issues. Easy to tune and maintain. Lifetime warranty to original purchases, also.[8D]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt shop for a specific "brand" but more-so be interested in wich one I shot the best with along with fit/comfort...Shoot as many as you can before you buy....I always bought Hoyt products...Until I tried a Mathews and switched...I still get teased from bud's, but what a major improvement in MY shooting!...My 2 cents...Good-luck,
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    I've got the same problem. I'm looking at the Diamond Razor Edge. It goes high enough on the poundage, and it's light enough for my new "odd" hand shooting.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    try the monster[:D][:D][:D][:D]
    if you have a bad shoulder and try to let this bow down It will finish it off.. if not the diamond black Ice mathews switchback xt is one of the easiest smoothist drawing bows. and Ive tried most bows out there. I like the monster cause its sick-o fast and powerful. very accurate like I said the draw is not bad but dont try to ler down ouch[:D][:p][:p]
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    My shoulder is stronger now than it ever was. So I'm not too worried. The bow that I buy is going to be with me for a long time so I need to buy something nice but I can't afford a top of the line setup like the Monster. The whole setup must be done with elk hunting in mind. So I need to be in the 60-70 lb range. To complicate the issue it needs to be left handed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elkoholic
    My shoulder is stronger now than it ever was. So I'm not too worried. The bow that I buy is going to be with me for a long time so I need to buy something nice but I can't afford a top of the line setup like the Monster. The whole setup must be done with elk hunting in mind. So I need to be in the 60-70 lb range. To complicate the issue it needs to be left handed.

I'm seriously considering this one.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2009_Carnivore_by_Bowtech_Archery/carnivore_compound_bow_cheap_package.htm

They're running a special on the left handed Vital Impact MX too.
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    That looks like a good deal. Ill read some reviews ...
    edited November -1
    That looks like a good deal. Ill read some reviews ...

Original was made by Ross, but I guess Bowtech bought them out. Let me know if you see anything negative. I haven't found anything yet.
  • jjjeneyjjjeney Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by azpowerwagon
    Gotta go with the Ice. Have had one for two+ yrs and love it. I shoot about 20 arrows/day average and have no issues. Easy to tune and maintain. Lifetime warranty to original purchases, also.[8D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

Talk to taco, he may have a great bow for you at a price you cant pass up IF he is willing to sell.

AND I'd suggest, like someone esle did, try some bows and see what you like, what draws the best for you, what feels right. I love My SBXT. I like a single cam, they feel smoother to me on the draw cycle. Just my opinion tho.