In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got a bow!!! (pics included)

Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
For those of you who don't know, I've been looking at getting into archery hunting for awhile and today was the day! I went down to Cabela's and got a pretty good setup (employees were amazing help!) We set it up and sighted it in all right there! I'm already really happy with the purchase, I can't stop looking at it right now!

Thanks to all of you for the recommendations & advice, it really helped! For those who recommended Hoyts...I listened! A couple weeks ago I talked with our postmaster back home and picked his brain for over three hours. He recommendedd a Hoyt as well. I got a Hoyt Trykon. 33" axle to axle, 7" braces, 316 fps. I've got it at 62lbs right now and I'll gradually work up to about 70lbs for hunting.

IMG_0450.jpg

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    congrads on the bow.... best of luck[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    We're gonna need to start a support group. Seems we have a lot of new archery addicts. [:D]

Congrats on the purchase.. Keep us updated on progress and don't hesitate if you have questions.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    We're gonna need to start a support group. Seems we have a lot of new archery addicts. [:D]

Congrats on the purchase.. Keep us updated on progress and don't hesitate if you have questions.
    Thats Cool[;)] Me and my buddy fred convinced one of our gun hunting buds, to get back into it... HI MY NAME IS PAUL IM ADDICTED TO ARCHERY, IVE TRIED TO CUT DOWN BUT I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF
    OK IM AN ARCHAHOLIC AND I NEED HELP[:D][:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not an addict. [:D]
    I don't have a problem. [:D]
    My use of archery does not affect anyone else. [:D]
    What do you care how much I spend on this stuff.[:D]
    It's my life and I'll live it my way...[:D]
    I think this is the denial stage!
    Here I sit trying to come up with more excuses I have heard for other addictions.... working at the SO I hear a lot of them!

Hey you Nerd
    Welcome to the club. The Trykon is a good bow. Some improvements came out in subsequent models, but that is a solid shooter. I would throw a heavy stabilizer on that puppy and shoot the heck out of it. When that Fuse string goes (and it will) I have a guy that makes great strings. Hoyt cams are hard on strings, but these seem to stand up.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    congrats on the nice bow!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:My use of archery does not affect anyone else.

Mine does, this time of year my wife will say, "would you go hunt or go outside or something. Just get out of the kitchen and stop pacing."
    Usually a few days before a hunting trip or when I'm trying to decide between working on the house or hunting.
  • AHansenAHansen Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice bow. Hoyt won't do you wrong.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slick setup, you have just opened up a obsession man. WELCOME TO IT