In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HORTON VISION

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
Has anybody had a problem with the Horton vision crossbow, that the wheels or cams fly off the limbs. This was shown to me at the range seems there is a pin missing right now they are epoxyed on. any help?

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a horton vision today. When I got it home and went to shoot it I noticed that the trigger would not reset itself after the firt shot[:0].I took it back to the dealer and he told me that I would have to send it back to horton and that there was no more in stock. I called Horton and was told that the shipping to return the product was on me[:(!].I guess that they not only don't want my bussiness in the future, but they also want to have a bad reputation when it comes to cutomer service[;)]. Guess my son won't be getting a horton for christmas.Iam in the service industry and never put the burden on my customers when a part goes bad and needs to be replaced or returned. Thanks for letting me rant. Maybe Iam wrong for thinking this way but I thought that they would care a little more when it comes to thier customer base. No, let me rephrase that, Iam wrong to think that a big company like that really gives a s&*t about their cusumers. Oh well so much for this BS rant of mine, I got better thing to do.Buy the way, It is a nice looking bow!!, Just can't shoot it.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Maybe they are havin' problems stayin' afloat and didn't have the coin to pay the shipping. [;)] I've never cared for Horton myself, thanks for reminding me why. Sorry about your experience
    edited November -1
    UPDATE!!!!! I got hold of a man named chris and a rep. named lisa and they are shipping me a new bow overnight[:)][;)][:D]!!!!! They opologised to me and were willing to bend over backwards for me[;)]. I guess I got hold of the right people the second time around. They are paying for the shipping and the outcome was more then I expected[8D]. The only other company that gave me this much good treatment was remington when I had a problem with one of my guns. Cudos to chris and lisa[:D]. Looks like my son will be getting a horton for christmas after all[:D]Oak
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was really surprised to hear that they would not do more from you from the start. I had a very similar experience with a malfunctioning dial on that Horton Legacy recurve. They paid all shipping to and from and really couldn't have done any more than what tehy did! They were fantastic!

I still did not like that crossbow and ended up selling it and getting an excalibur anyway! I like the exomax much better (just my opinion though). Glad it all got worked out for you!
    edited November -1
    I shot it today and WOW[:0][:0][:0]. I can't get over how much quiter it is then all the other crossbows. Everyone at the range was impressed with its lack of noise[;)]. It is so compact and light.Also it is very easy to pull back. I just had total back replacement surgery and I could pull this back with almost no effort.I will post some picture after tommorrows shoot of the bow. It is really cool looking with the reverse limbs[8D].The only drawback to the hole bow is they do not make a hard case for it.I dont like to use a padded case for my bows and no one make a hard sided one for it yet. Guess Ill just get a cheap soft sided one until they make a hard one. Oak
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Glad things worked out for you and your son.