In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got my Hind Sight, have questions!

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all, I got my Hind Sight in the mail yesterday!!!! I got it all attached and shoot with it yesterday for the first time. I really seemed to like it but it's something I will need to get used to. (If I can explain this right) Am I understanding the directions correctly in that I set the HS on my middle distance pin. Then no matter what distance I am shooting, I center that same pin in the HS and then move my bow up or down to get the correct pin for my distance on the target? I was able to group pretty good with it for my first attempts but the thing that concerns me is that where before all I had to do was to center the correct pin in my peep, now I have to be "thinking" about two pins while shooting. I hope to shoot more tonight and get a better feel for it. Plus I know that it's still new to me and I haven't shot much yet this year while I have been waiting for my HS to come in.

If anyone that has shot one of these has any suggestions, let em rip!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Sounds a little confusing[?]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot 3D like that works really well for me. Try it you might find that you like it.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I'm going to like it. I was just wanting to make sure that I understand how I am supposed to be using it. I can see very well with it compared to my old peep. It's just different and I'll have to get used to it.[:D]

waco.gif

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    sounds like it would work real well withone pin and more difficult with several I'm going to look at some pix and see what they look like.[:I]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Which version did you get? There are several ones and some you can adjust really quickly.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Mine is the cheaper version. I didn't want to spend too much on something I wasn't sure about. Have you used one? Am I right on the steps for aiming?

waco.gif

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yeah... and yeah.... but what I found to be easiest is to mount it where the sight centers on the 10 yard pin then choose your distance pin. Dont worry about going back and forth looking you will get to the point where once you set you will keep it.... know what I mean?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Gagirl, if you set it on the 10 yrd pin (your highest one) then all you have to do is to move that pin higher until the correct pin is on the target? That makes a little more sense that having to move either higher or lower. Thanks for the imput.

waco.gif