In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

the sunday morning hunt

mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
well I went out saturday morning and I seen like 4 bucks and about 12 does and sucklings. none shootable. but I seen some nice bucks and some small ones. the rut is starting up here and by next weekend it will be prime. so I went out sunday morning and I sat there for a while and a few hours went by and I seen the biggest buck fighting this other buck I seen in the past. it was a little buck. well I seen in a couple weekends ago(only hunt weekends) and I didnt go last weekend.(anniversary) my father went to my stand and told me he seen this little buck. he said it was a 4 pointer but one side was broke off. and that was the same deer fighting this hudge buck. and I was thinking what the hell?... so I watched and the big buck was just throwin the 2 pointer around like a wrag doll. and finaly it was over and so the 2 pointer walked away. so I grunted at the buck. and he started walkin twards me. so hes walkin twards me and I notice that his coat its a redish colar. and I thought well he might still have his velvit on the horns but no he didnt. so I was like well this is about a 250 pounder and about a 12 pointer so I stand up grab my bow and I pull back and I look threw the peep sight and I am aimed on his kneck. so I start to move the bow to his lungs and my extra arrow got caught on the skirt around the stand and it made the fling noise and the buck blew at me and ran away. I was so pissed off at myself. then I didnt really see anything else so I left around 11am the time me and my dad normaly leave cause breakfast will be done. so I just thought I would let you guys know whats goin on by my half and I just wanted to know if that has happend to anybody else. I was thinking of making like a tube and tieing it to me stand and stick my extra arrows in there. but I dont know let me know guys. bye.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    that sucks. pay attention I want to pix. we cant eat stories... Just kidding hope ya get him.velvet in nov are you sure tis wasant a dream . commomn tell the truth you fell asleep on stand and this is what you dreamed.[:0][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Mathews1.gif
  • mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no my dads friend shot a buck and it had velvit on its rack still in late shotgun season. and we asked the dnr people and they said sometimes a buck will try to jump a fence and stang its nutts and tear em off on barbed wire or just whatever and it changes the way that there body changes like the colar and the velvit. and next time I'm just going to record it on my phone.
  • bub8889bub8889 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few years ago a lady here hit a 8pt with her car in november that was still in velvet. It was also a doe.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Manson, I'm not sure what kind of quiver you use, but this is my solution to a similar problem. I have a Kwikee quiver and I screwed an extra quick release clip to my climber. As soon as I get in position, I unclip the quiver from the bow and snap it to the top section of my climber. The arrows are readily available and out of the way. I saw 6 deer this evening (2 bucks). They were about 60 yards away feeding on a field edge. I thought about pulling a Ted Nugent move and lobbing one in, but it was pretty windy and I hate to wound a deer. Maybe tomorrow they will be within range.

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."