In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What do you people think of my new bow?

DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
I just bought a diamond Victory compound bow. It has a copper john dead nuts five pin sight, NAP quicktune 2000 drop away rest, CAP deluxe lore stabilizer, limbsavers, and some other stuff. I shoot carbon express CX arrows with NAP quikspin vanes.

Comments

• DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    I just want to add that I'm only 13. Is this a pretty good setup for me?
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool![8D] You have any tags? If so, Sight it in and go get em... Good-Luck!.....Oh,almost forgot![:0]...WELCOME![^]
    edited November -1
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    welcome there young fella good to see a nice young bowhunter getting involved . Good luck with your new bow.... when ya get a little older and your done playing with toys buy a mathews[:D][:D][:D] Just kidding ya man best of luck and welcome to the forum, glad to have ya.[;)][;)] Have ya gotten a deer yet, can ya hunt at 13???? cant where I live. Bowman where are you from tell us a little about you... hey guess what[8)] if you dont maintain at least a B+ average in school BUCKEY takes the bow away[:D][:D][;)]
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    "when ya get a little older and your done playing with toys buy a mathews longbow"[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    lol. you guys sure are weird. I live and hunt in wisconsin. Yes you can hunt in wisconsin at the age of 12. I've hunted since I was twe;ve but I havent had much luck( Havent got a deer).I've passed up some does and small bucks because my uncles dont like shootin the small ones. Just a little while ago a had a nice doe about ten yards away, but a let it walk. I've shot a bow since I was about the age of 11. I've been having fun the whole time. And bucky, I do have a b+ average. I was planning on buying a switchback, but I don't have a job so it was a little out of my price range. I'll be buyin a mathews in a few years, and I'll NEVER buy a long bow.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    I'll NEVER buy a long bow.

Never say never! Long bows have their place. I like the idea of becoming very proficient with one reliable weapon. I'd really like to find a nice long bow at an affordable price, myself.

Ben
    edited November -1
    Fine. I doubt that I wont get a long bow. I prefer using the compound bow.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sounds like your on your way. Welcome aboard. [:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    Fine. I doubt that I wont get a long bow. I prefer using the compound bow.[:0] never say never like Ben said. you may out grow compound and want more of a chalange. lets get a few deer and a camel claw under our belt there young fella before we start making decisions [:D][:D]D][;)]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you got any pictures of this new bow? or a link to a pic?
    edited November -1
    Copyofvictory-1751.jpg Here ya co Racer[;)]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Copyofvictory-1751.jpg Here ya co Racer[;)]

hey, that's pretty slick. especially since you have just gotten into shooting a couple of years ago. very nice!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I had a bow like that when I was 13. [:(]
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your not kidding Shoff!!!! That would be sweet! You know who owns DIAMOND now don't you??[:D][:D][:D] If not just look at the bottom of my post![8D][;)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks racer!!![:D]
  • leegleegleleegleegle Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good looking bow you got there! You may want to change your signature line though!
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:fishermanben Posted - 12/28/2005 : 6:13:33 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by DaBowMan18

I'll NEVER buy a long bow.

Never say never! Long bows have their place. I like the idea of becoming very proficient with one reliable weapon. I'd really like to find a nice long bow at an affordable price, myself.

You can always do what I did, build one yourself from scratch! I hunted with it for three years but was never able to kill a deer. I only got one shot with it and couldn't find it.[:(] I went back to compounds to be able to compete with my buddies at our hunting cabin. Otherwise I liked shooting it.

Glad to see Dabowman has joined in even though he seems a little off his rocker wanting a mathews, but otherwise seems okay. Any bow that you can consistantly hit with is a good bow no matter what name is on the riser!

Welcome to leegleegle (what ever that means???) too. Glad you found us. Just watch out for Buckey and Bang, they're a little "funny" if you ask me![:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Just watch out for Buckey and Bang, they're a little "funny" if you ask me!

(in my best Jersey accent) Funny like how? funny like a clown? I make you laugh? Am I funny to you?

least I'm not a riaa.gifboozer.gifder.gif[:D][;)]