In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Former BP ammo for hunting

hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
Hi guys and gals, greatings for the deep South. Has any info been published in Illinois about legalizing the use of former black powder cartages and single shot rifles made before 1900? I am still hearing that Illinois may follow Mississippi's lead on this. This new hunting law went on the books down here this season. The cartage must be 38 cal or larger. The rifle must be single shot breach loader with an exposed hammer. 1885 high wall and the H&R Handi rifle are good examples of the type of rifle leagle to use in the place of a muzzleloader. If you folkes know anyting about this pleas pass it along. Rumor we here in Mississippi. AL,LA, IL, GA, AR, & TN are planning on doing this. I am trying to find out some facts on this.

Thanks
Hornet

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I can't find anything regarding this on the DNR website. I haven't heard of any firearm changes either. I'll keep lookin.
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bang, any info will be greatly appreshated. Looking forward to heading up to Illinois to bow and gun hunt this season.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hornet
    Thanks Bang, any info will be greatly appreshated. Looking forward to heading up to Illinois to bow and gun hunt this season.

Where ya comin to? Buckey is comin out from RI this coming season, we're gonna show him how us Illinois rednecks do it. I bet he'll never be the same[:D].
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Buckey is comin out from RI this coming season, we're gonna show him how us Illinois rednecks do it. I bet he'll never be the same

Problem is that in order to get to IL he'll have to cross INDIANA and that' only if they'll let him in! If he gets in my area down here, they'll arrest him just for the blow up sheep alone!!!![}:)][:D][}:)][:o)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Heya Hornet. How's life?

Ben
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by hornet

Where ya comin to? Buckey is comin out from RI this coming season, we're gonna show him how us Illinois rednecks do it. I bet he'll never be the same[:D].

[:0][:0][:0]
    he's not gonna leave with a brokeback is he?
    [:0][:0][:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    quote:Buckey is comin out from RI this coming season, we're gonna show him how us Illinois rednecks do it. I bet he'll never be the same

Problem is that in order to get to IL he'll have to cross INDIANA and that' only if they'll let him in! If he gets in my area down here, they'll arrest him just for the blow up sheep alone!!!![}:)][:D][}:)][:o)]

Whats wrong with blowup sheep[}:)][}:)][:D]
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry guys I have been out of town and working the last few days. So I was a little busy and have not keep up with my post. I will do better next time. RI is make believe red neck coutry. I will be coming up from the REAL Red NECK country, South Mississippi. Camo is the preferd uniform in most of our schools, HA HA. We do love our hunting down here. The school system should make the fist week of Bow, Gun , & Muzzleloader season a state wide holliday.
    It takes me around 10 hours to drive up depending on the trafic. I hunt in Southerm Illinois around Allendale in Larwance County real close to Wallbash County,like right next door,