In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deer in my front yard this morning

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought I would rub it in that I had SIX deer standing in my driveway this morning. ALL six were within 5 yards of my house and about 10 feet from the corner of my garage. It was still dark as I was leaving the house and I saw them from the front door. Rather than going into my garage, I quietly steped around the corner and was less than 10 yards from the closest one. It sure didn't take long for it to spot me and blow! It was still pretty cool! Thought I would share since it's quiet on here again today![:D]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Cool. I like when I have wildlife in my yard. although for me its usually pheasant and coyote. Its still cool.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool slash. i usually have deer in my yard in the evenings during the summer. they come out to eat the pears from my pear tree, and the grapes off the vine. i have about 5 cherry trees, but they don't seem to like those very much. sometimes i'll just quit what i'm doing and watch them for 10-15 minutes before they wander off.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    The only deer in my yard are dead ones I killed. or the 3d archery target....[:(]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    i have deer come up toour pond. on some dry weeks they will go down to it in midday[:D]
    edited November -1
    [:D]quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    i have deer come up toour pond. on some dry weeks they will go down to it in midday[:D]
    Go to bed[;)][:D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They know their safe with a hoyt shooter.LMAO
    edited November -1
    Owch!!!!!!! I could hear those deer laughing from here/
    "deer Talking"..... Hey watch out here comes a hunter.... giggle giggle. Next Deer ... Dont worry fellas he shoots a hoyt were safe...

next deer... why do you think were in his front yard.....

smart Deer says.... dont ever attemp this in a mathews shooters yard....[8D][8D][:D][:D][:D]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Owch!!!!!!! I could hear those deer laughing from here/
    "deer Talking"..... Hey watch out here comes a hunter.... giggle giggle. Next Deer ... Dont worry fellas he shoots a hoyt were safe...

next deer... why do you think were in his front yard.....

smart Deer says.... dont ever attemp this in a mathews shooters yard....[8D][8D][:D][:D][:D]
    rolf[:D]lol[:p]to funny[8D]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny thing was during our Muzzleloader season, there was a 10 pt and probably an 8 pt standing in my yard. EASILY within range. It was after legal shooting hours unless you count the dusk to dawn light as "legal shooting light"!!![:D][}:)][:D] My buddy hadn't filled his buck tag and these bucks stood in my yard for over 15 minutes. More than enough time to have gotten the 'ol smoke pole out and filled my buddies tag. BUT, I am much more ethical than that so they lived to see another day. But he'll be bigger this year and I have this woods figured out. Come on deer season 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:D] Oh, and all of these deer would be in range of my "deer stand" that's done up in "brick house" camo with shutter accents. I doubt that the deer would even hear a mathews being shot from inside my "brick" blind![:D]