In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

stupid tech question

furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
I have a problem with the rubber from my peep sight dry-rotting. I live way too far a way from any place that sells the stuff and I want to go hunting! Does anyone know of a quick fix that I can do? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That you can do? Hmm, get a good string and get rid of the peep tubing its more of a hazard then anything else.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont even use the tubing, I have a backup i carry with me incase the peep flies out, but it hasnt yet and I have shot proly thousands of times...
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    That you can do? Hmm, get a good string and get rid of the peep tubing its more of a hazard then anything else.

+1
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

+2
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

+2

+3
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

+2

+3
    damb pix wont resize wasup
    edited November -1
  • furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had thought of string but I assumed it would have to be elastic. Sounds good, I'll try it. Thanks folks!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by furholler
    I had thought of string but I assumed it would have to be elastic. Sounds good, I'll try it. Thanks folks!

Do you want any brands? Some strings are good others aren't. There are some people over on AT that make good strings. Thats where my last two have come from. I have some where in the neighborhood of 6000-7000 shots on my protec with the same string, zero peep rotation. I have had to tweek the cables every now and then, but still no rotation.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as a good string builder... I went with Nathan Brooks at www.b2bowstrings.com I figure if they are good enough for the guys on his pro staff including the 2007 Vegas winner, they are good enough for me. My Vectrix is hard on strings, and his seem to be doing well.

Most string builders will ask you what material to build from... One answer 452X. Most stable string I have ever seen.