In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Draw question

KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
My bow is a 30.5" draw. I think I'm actually a 31 which I don't see very many used bows at all for sale at that length. Say I was to buy a used bow with a 28" draw. Can I make it a 31" draw by buying new cams?

Sorry for the newbie question.

Comments

• steamingutpilesteamingutpile Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before you do anything go to a proshop and have your draw length measured. I'm 6' my draw length is 29"
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't have a loop on it you can get another half inch that way. To answer your question, yes you can get different cams just depends on the model ond maker of the bow.
  • T1ChiefT1Chief Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steaming has a good point, hit a Pro shop and get fitted. You could end up chaseing your tail trying to adapt to the bow.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    If you don't have a loop on it you can get another half inch that way. To answer your question, yes you can get different cams just depends on the model ond maker of the bow.

+1 ... 30.5" + .5" "D" loop = 31"
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some bows you can just move a peg in the cam, some you have to change the cam, and others you have to change the cam and strings to switch the length.