In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weird happenings

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
I just don't know what's going on with the deer around here. The doe I shot was being followed by a nice little 6 while on the other side of the property, my hunting partner was watching a good 8 walk with a forky?
On a drive thru the country, 50 yards from the road a doe was bedded down in the picked corn with a forky/5 point laying with her. I'v seen two other does with small bucks with them, does all alone, and one nice buck all alone. It just doesn't make any sense. It's just been a crazy year.

Comments

• BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ALL the does I have seen were alone and the bucks were all roaming but without does. I shot the 8 after watching him touch up a scrape, then killed a doe all alone in the same place 3 days later. A non-typical year. My season is over,but out today watching and saw another nice buck all alone.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I dont think the mature does have come into estrus yet Just starting to see new scrapes here same thing a 4 pt dogging a doe tonite it is weird.. Seeing some large tree rubs that were not thete last weekend.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It went bonkers here just after Halloween weekend. Bucks chasing does everywhere. I had a couple of close encounters (2yr olds and a 3yr old 8 all broken off) but not with the bucks Ive been looking for. It only lasted for 3 or 4 days and then nothing. Ive noticed a few new rubs but I haven't seen a single deer in my last 4 sits (1 am, 3 pm), not even a doe. Starting to get a little frustrated. Gun season starts here Saturday. That means I only have a few days to get on these bucks before the pressure is really on em. Besides I hate wearing blaze orange with a bow in my hand so im probably gonna head to my "Bow only" areas. My fingers gettin itchy. Shoot em up!!!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dude our season in ohio has been weird too. It's crazy, we're just now showing signs of chasing.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    dude our season in ohio has been weird too. It's crazy, we're just now showing signs of chasing.

It is seventy degrees here in southern OH today, those warm temps must have some impact on deer movement.