In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Broadhead testing

FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
I ran into this and just sharing it to all ...

http://american-hunter.com/broadheads/broadhead_test.htm

I found it interesting and helpful ... currently testing 100g slick tricks ... so far so good.

My apologies if this has been previously posted.

V/R

Ed

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I love them slick tricks
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend is a pro staffer for Mathews and got back from an African Safari hunt a couple of weeks ago and successfully shot a 2400 lbs giraffe at 41 yards. The pictures and raw video footage was awesome. He shoots a Reezen 7 @ 70 lbs, 100g slick tricks, 30" arrows not sure of the weight but only the fletchings were sticking out when he shot it at the base of the neck. The giraffe managed to wander off ~ 100 yards then expired in a couple of minutes ... also had some serious blood trails.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Holy wow thats a lot of meat! [:0]
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Holy wow thats a lot of meat! [:0]

Yep! Him and his PH were after a larger black bull (mature dominant bull) but couldn't close the gap to his comfortable range. He also harvested a kudu, eland, and a bush buck (unofficially # 6 in record book). Him and his crew/sponsors got to eat some of the meat but most were sold and profits goes to the local villages. Apparently, eland steaks were the best. Yum!