In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

to add to...

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
To add to my s@3t week it just put the hurts to my nice beautiful Dodge. Hit a hole in the road where it had washed out from the rain bent a rim and did some other undetermined damage. steering is all messed up once I got my spare tire on drive didn't work had to put it in low to get is to move . There goes my new weapon. The hole is roughly 24 wide almost the whole width of the road and when I stood in it, it was mid thigh deep. Maybe I should play the lottery, ya think?[:(!] I need to shoot some stuff just to let off some steam. BUT the wifes birthday is tomorrow so I wont be doin any shootin then. I do need to re-sight my bow though I just got a new peep put in.
Ya ever have one of those days where you just want to scream[:(!].

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [V]Ok Bang heres what you need to do! Have your wife get in that Dodge tie a rope to the bumper and tie the other end to that monkey on your back and have Mrs. Bang jerk that dang thing off your back[:)] better luck next week!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    So here is a pic of the hole I hit. The fella there is a kid that works for my dad. Thats my dodge back there she looks ok but odesn't drive that way. I hit hard enough that my dash makes popping noises now. I can't get my key out of the ignition without messing with it for a few minutes. My Driver side rim is toast, got the spare on write now.
    holemikenext.jpg

holemikein.jpg

So on another subject, anyone ever tried to shoot a crow with a bow. Saw it done on TV the other day and wondered how hard that would be?

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Dont know about a crow but I thought about taking my bow along Duck hunting and just shooting some cheap arrows... what the hay....I guess since the dodge is broke you will be buying a real truck now. [;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I hope like hell your beer was okay!!!

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bang, call that pothole in the Dept of Highways pothole hotline. Have a buddy do it. They probaby wont come out that same day to fix it. So, you can wait till the next day and turn your damage in to the state. They are legelly responsable for any damage as long as you can prove they knew about it. It looked like there wasnt any warning signs or cones.

Joe
  • StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another thing i've heard but lucky enough not to have to try it. If there is colision with your vehicle and a deer... You don't say you hit the deer, say the deer hit your vehicle. (It is not a lie, it is just how you say it)Then the state is responsible, because they own all the deer in the state. They must own them, they charge for the lisenses and they have control of how we hunt them. My sister in laws husbands family lives thick deere country. She says they have numurous hitsand there insurance company makes them fill out claims with the state and they cover it.

Joe
    edited November -1
    Somebody must have called the township on it, they were out there fixing it yesterday afternoon. I am waiting for a call back from the township I specified nothing in the message just for them to call me. Truck is at the shop now with a possibly bent frame. They said they had to put it up on a lift to confirm this.

edited November -1
    Bang just needs a hug.... man your week has sucked
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Dont know about a crow but I thought about taking my bow along Duck hunting and just shooting some cheap arrows... what the hay....I guess since the dodge is broke you will be buying a real truck now. [;)]

What would the real truck be? Come on spit it out[;)][8D]

wolfyboy.jpg
    edited November -1
    FORD baby FORD
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    FORD baby FORD

[:D] I was hopeing you didn't say somthing silly like Chevy or Toyota.

wolfyboy.jpg
    edited November -1
    Well I just talked to the shop and so far we are only around $800 in damage but as of now that is only the wheel and suspension parts, I was lookin' at power stroke (he he, I said power stroke) excursions (a ford, that otta make gagirl proud) if I need to get rid of my beloved truck, for one I will need the space for the new additions on the way and two I cant buy a Chevy....I wouldn't be able to give Susp. any crap about his if I did that.[:D]

edited November -1
    bang250--
    What created that pot hole? That thing would flat destroy a car if it hit it.

wolfyboy.jpg
    edited November -1
    Bang you know I love ya even if ya didnt buy a ford...(daymn did I say that?) But the excursions are SWEET!!!!! I looked at them but decided that I was more a truck gal. I dont think I would carry the soccer mom look very well. Better grab one up from my understanding this is the last year for them.
    edited November -1
    MVP it was just from all the rain we've had. Just washed it out.

gagirl- I'm thinkin' too I could fit more stuff in an Excursion when I go on my huntin' trips and no more worrying about it rainin' when I am on a trip and I have my stuff in the back. But I'm not tellin the wife that part[:0]. I'll wait and see what else they find on my dodge before I get to serious about lookin' I really like it but if it comes back and still isn't quite right I'm afraid I'll have to do away with her[xx(].

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoa!! You could bury a body in that hole. Been there had those days, figure i'll have more in my life so I try to make do the best I can. Getting an SUV wouldn't be that bad, you can put a hitch on it to haul yer deer around.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya Taco, You could bury anyone talking about or even thinking about buying a FORD![:0][V][V][?][:D] Maybe that ride through that hole knocked something loose! I was with him and never remember him talking CRAZY then.[;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm suprised Susp. didn't sense bang talkin about a Chevy and thrown his 2 cents in.[;)] 1 more day and we're callin out the national guard for Susp. Unless Mrs. susp. has finally hit him with a beer that she knocked him out fer a few days[B)][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    Ya hopefully he'll be back soon. I know he was having some troubles due to good ole mother nature. Sure do miss his Dodge bashin[V].

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'M Back!!! (scary noises in the background) [:D][:D]

Dam, that is one nasty hole! Enos told me your frame was bent to, that sucks bad. If you have to buy something different then get another dodge, don't get a ford. Or you could buy a newer Chevy then we could bicker because mine would be old and yours new... [;)]

taco, it'll take more than 12 ounce to knock me out. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    What about GMC could we still have some sort of rivalry (sp?)[:)] I talked to the shop again today most the outside parts are ordered. except for 3 which needed confirmed with the MFG (guess they weren't sure the exact part #) and then they had to drive it to fix other parts, like the window or dash which ever is making the noise and ignition or steering column whichever is causing the key problem, But those could be fixed by the frame straighting.

edited November -1
    GMC would work. [:D]

You won't have to change your title to a salvage title if they straighten the frame will you? Isn't that only if you replace it or something. Salvage title = no trade in on a new vehicle.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    I talked to them at lunch today and they said it was up on the frame rack doing measurments. So I guess it is not confirmed bent. Yet. You know it is like the weather they tell you something but it coudl change. But if the window is what is popping wouldn't the cab be out of wack, he told me the spacing in my driver door and fender from top to bottom was definately off. I am just going to wait till they are done and then go see whats up! He did tell me 10 more days just for the wheel. They are also only replacing one tire, won't this through things out of wack too? I have a fairly aggressive tire and they have 33000 miles on them so they have noticable ware. here is a link to the tire. What do you all think, should I get rid of her when I get'er back[V]??

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselector/index_bs.asp

• mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt the Township will do anything. One its an act of God, two it looks like a dirt road and I am sure they have one of those "Minimum Maintenance Road" things on it. Wouldn't get rid of your truck, unless you were looking into a Toyota Tundra or something good likr that. Ford and Chevy(GMC) are as Jap as any foreign car.[}:)]
    edited November -1
    Where I live if there is "minumum maintenace" they have to post it and its not posted. i have been where it is posted, min. maintenance, but that aint here. Stop signs at both ends of that road. It may not look very populated in the pic but just 5 min. and you are into 10s' of thousands of people. very traveled especially summer, call it a short cut for the small town folk.

Oh and just an FYI, I don't like being that close to people, big towns, I like the country, where your closest neighbor is (at least) 1/4- 1/2 mile.

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Bang if you keep having luck like this your gonna be able to start writing sad country songs[B)] Man I am suprised that hole didden't do more damage. Just glad too see you did not get hurt. Hey Vinnie thanks for the e-mail glad to see the forum back up.[:D]Bang look on the bright side you luck has to change soon.[:D]Man its cooooooold here below 0 most of the week w snow. and more on the way. hello everyone. you too Susp.[:0]
    edited November -1
    Buckey, nice to see your back. We were about to send you directions via carrier pigeon. [;)][:D]