In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

delete post

wildcatswildcats Member Posts: 59 ✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't say I know too much about that bow but I would say any bow for a price like that is okay especially for someone starting out. Have him use if for a while and see what he likes and doesn't like about it and then go from there. A bow doesn't necessarily have to be expensive to be good. As long as the draw weight is around 50+ it will be fine for whitetails.

Welcome to the group![:D]

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with slash. $75 for a new bow, is good. Bows seem to depend more on the shooter, than a shooter will depend on a bow.

Make sure he has, good sights, a good rest, and a good release.

Take the bow to a bow shop when you buy arrows, have them double check/adjust the anchor point.

Ben

squirrel.jpg
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my hubby has a buckmaster that he uses to shoot tourny with it is a decent bow for someone learning as someone else said make sure he has a good rest and sights it should work fine for him
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree $75 is a good price...good luck and welcome

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)