In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

walkers game ear

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Just wondering if anyone has one. my hearing is not that great from working in the plant all these years. has anyone heard good or bad or does anyone have one[?]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Walker I have no experience with. I did have a "game ear" type ear peice and I didn't like it. It picked up everything, trains, planes and automobiles. But like I said it was not a walkers. So not sure how they work.

So in short......I cant help[:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yup found a couple "mis-priced" last season. David has serious hearing issues. He noted no difference in the Walker than in a cheapy I got for about $15. The only difference I saw was the Walker had less of a wind effect in my ear. I could block it out after a few minutes with the cheap one. I was offered 3xs what I paid for them and gladly got rid of them. Of course everyone is different, but we didnt see any big difference worth the $ of the Walker.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Yup found a couple "mis-priced" last season. David has serious hearing issues. He noted no difference in the Walker than in a cheapy I got for about $15. The only difference I saw was the Walker had less of a wind effect in my ear. I could block it out after a few minutes with the cheap one. I was offered 3xs what I paid for them and gladly got rid of them. Of course everyone is different, but we didnt see any big difference worth the $ of the Walker.
    THANKYOU SO MUCH BECAUSE I WAS READY TO BUY I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN RIPPED.[;)]I WILL TRY THE WOODLAND WHISPER OR ONE OF THEM..17.95
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Buckey.. see if you can find one used... may sound gross.. but they can be cleaned... Have you had your hearing checked? Try Sears I think they have free hearing tests. Your insurance may pay for a hearing aid.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Buckey.. see if you can find one used... may sound gross.. but they can be cleaned... Have you had your hearing checked? Try Sears I think they have free hearing tests. Your insurance may pay for a hearing aid.
    yes I have had my hearing checked by an audioligest (dont know about that spelling) my hearing is pretty bad when I was 14 me and a friend was wrestleing and another friend was poking a branch at us and it went inside my ear and popped my ear drum lost 50% in that ear and working in the plant hasent helped. suprisingly I can hear certain frequencys real well and some are all but gone. I have learned to hunt real well with my eyes to compensate I will usually spot deer befor others because of the hearing loss. but man I hate when I hear nothing look down and there is a deer That just freaks me out. now I'm pinned.[B)]
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been interested in these as well. Is there a good brand of hearing device that is honest to goodness WORTH having?