In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hmmm....do I really want a dog?

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
I've been trying to decide if I want a dog or not. My mom emailed me this, this morning.

http://basenjirescue.org/DOGS-MIXES/OH/OH-Jack.asp

Ben

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    He is a cutie Ben... Sounds like a dog I would picture you with! If he likes balls so much maybe a flyball dog?
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    It will cut your romatic drunken nights going home with that hottie from the bar time down. [:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    dont do it unless you have the time to devote to the animal. they require lots of time.... But they are more likeable than most people.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    dont do it unless you have the time to devote to the animal. they require lots of time.... But they are more likeable than most people.[;)]

I know. That's the delimna. I have the time, but do I want to devote it? It's a big commitment.

Ben
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

I know. That's the delimna. I have the time, but do I want to devote it? It's a big commitment.

Ben

and hide the coffee!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben If you have any doubts its not time yet..... when you settle down (If you ever settle down ) then re-consider. no overnighters or you clean poopie all over the house . gotta get up early and walk the dog . gotta walk him again before bed. vet bills . ect...[:0]

and hide the coffee!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben If you have any doubts its not time yet..... when you settle down (If you ever settle down ) then re-consider. no overnighters or you clean poopie all over the house . gotta get up early and walk the dog . gotta walk him again before bed. vet bills . ect...[:0]

yeah. you're probably right. I've thought this through though. If I can register him for search & rescue, then I believe I can take him with me into public places as a service dog. It's like a drinking buddy, that you never have to buy drinks for.

Just kidding. I need a dog that isn't a risk for running off. Too much traffic at my house.

Ben