In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bowtech help!!!

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
well, i just posted this at AT. figured i try here 'cause you guys(and gals) been great!
..yesterday i was going to up the poundage on my tribute. i've been shooting @65 lbs and figured im as strong or stronger than anyone else i know thats shooting 70 or more. well i go to crank down the limb bolt and get only about a 1/2 turn! so i'm guessing my scale is off. i take out my allegiance, same thing, only about a half turn before bottoming out! both bows bottomed out, 67/68 lbs....aren't they usually higher than marked poundage? i dont have birth certs and did not buy from dealer, is this normal? if not, explanation? thanks!!
oh yea, forgot to mention, brought home another scale, same thing...

Comments

• davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SCALE COULD BE BAD.NOT ALWAYS OVER ON THE LBS
  • jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i should of mentioned that i brought home another scale and it read the same.... also, i always thought bows shot best @ thier max poundage. someone just told me to back off a turn from bottom. does that make sense? his reason was for vibration purposes. so it wouldn't be tight to riser. what'r your thoughts? thanks again!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jag
    i should of mentioned that i brought home another scale and it read the same.... also, i always thought bows shot best @ thier max poundage. someone just told me to back off a turn from bottom. does that make sense? his reason was for vibration purposes. so it wouldn't be tight to riser. what'r your thoughts? thanks again!
    Advanced Member

USA
    3429 Posts
    Posted - 12/04/2006 : 09:00:09 AM

quote:
    Originally posted by jag

sorry if i shouldn't put this here. was not sure how many archers read the wanted ads. i'm looking for efa 4.5 bowtech mods, prefer to trade but will buy. thanks

Ebay 29.99 here is the item #180042873710 I hope this helps

TEAM BANG A BUCK> AND WERE SERIOUS LOOK AT THE PHOTO
    at least respond when someone takes the time to help yo[;)]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I will check my book for mine when I get home tonight. I was thinking that it said that a 1/4 turn equalled @3lbs. Let you know tomorrow.
    edited November -1
    buckey, i wound up buying a set shortly after posting that ad. never went back to look i guess. you are absolutely right, my bad...
    edited November -1
    buckey, i wound up buying a set shortly after posting that ad. never went back to look i guess. you are absolutely right, my bad...
    just giving you a hard time I'm glad it all worked out for you good luck with the bow. Post a pix sometime.....
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've been told in the past you should never bottom them out, crank them down then back off 1/4 turn.

How old is your string?
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly, don't you have to loosen the side bolt by the limb to allow you to mess with the weight?
    edited November -1
    bang, 6 mo's maybe. even if it stretched, that would raise lbs, if the cables strectched, that would rlower lbs but my a to a is exactly 31 1/2.
    fannin, yes i loosend bolts before tightening limb bolt. thanks

bucky, you may just be bustin' my chops but your absolutely right and i never tell ANYONE that, just ask my wife....
    edited November -1
    bang, 6 mo's maybe. even if it stretched, that would raise lbs, if the cables strectched, that would rlower lbs but my a to a is exactly 31 1/2.
    fannin, yes i loosend bolts before tightening limb bolt. thanks

bucky, you may just be bustin' my chops but your absolutely right and i never tell ANYONE that, just ask my wife....
    Its all good man. [;)]
    edited November -1
    jag what model bowtech did you get???
    edited November -1
    couldn't make up my mind between the allegiance and tribute......so i got'm both!
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jag, you shot the new bowtechs yet..I shot the Guardian, and it is REAL smooth. very unique shape too. I have the Tribute, but may be looking after next year.
    edited November -1
    have not shot it, a buddy has and he's buying it, he already has 2 allegiances and he's gettin the guardian. he also said its real smooth. can't see how it could be any better than alleg and tribby! says you can't even tell its been fired. and faster too! i think there is going to be a lot of converters.. mathews, hoyt, etc fans will be jumpin ship......(hows that for mixin it up?????
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I've been told in the past you should never bottom them out, crank them down then back off 1/4 turn.

Maybe Only if it's not a Mathews...Tech from Mathews said they shoot and preform the best bottom out.[;)]
  • Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The type of bow scale I use at home and at local bow shoppe is the kind you hang on the wall and put the bow string over the hook and pull the bow down and some where mid draw is the peek weight but those scales are jumpy and its easy to miss that split second where the peek weight shows up. the other type I've used are the ones that hook on the string and draw back like a relese these i find to be a little inacurate but the smoothest draw possible helps.

bows do perform the best with limbs maxed out, from what i understand it makes the limbs and riser one solid piece to disperce the vibration evenly when limbs are backed of this alows the limbs to vibrate more. they are also designed to run under peek tension.
    hope this rambling helps
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beer gut
    The type of bow scale I use at home and at local bow shoppe is the kind you hang on the wall and put the bow string over the hook and pull the bow down and some where mid draw is the peek weight but those scales are jumpy and its easy to miss that split second where the peek weight shows up. the other type I've used are the ones that hook on the string and draw back like a relese these i find to be a little inacurate but the smoothest draw possible helps.

bows do perform the best with limbs maxed out, from what i understand it makes the limbs and riser one solid piece to disperce the vibration evenly when limbs are backed of this alows the limbs to vibrate more. they are also designed to run under peek tension.
    hope this rambling helps
    Lets drink about it again Your in[;)] we like you[:D][:p]
    edited November -1
    buckey does it mean i'm in if i liked his quote? also, what does that "saint barthelemy" mean next to my name-post count?