In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WOOOHOOO!

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
My little tree line pays off again. Had 3 doe on me before I could say spit. hammered the last one. she walked right up to the tree then went out around the buckey cam at maybe 10 yard. she ran maybe 60. The Rage rock, looked like you cut a garden hose on the exit side, I watched it spray til she fell.

DSC00325.jpg

Comments

• A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice doe bro, pretty nice sized...90 lb-ish?
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Way to go Bud awsome congrads...on the board[;)]
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    That is awesome Bang. I went out yesterday morning and heard a lot of shooting, but didn't see a hair. The full moon has them running at night here.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice one. Meat in the freezer.
  • Dren BoyDren Boy Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats bro...I finally get to go hunting my first time on 11/5/07. Public land so God only knows what I'll run into out there.

Congratulations again Rich....big boy is next.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dren Boy
    Congrats bro...I finally get to go hunting my first time on 11/5/07. Public land so God only knows what I'll run into out there.

Congratulations again Rich....big boy is next.

I've planned roughly 16 days in Nov. to be hunting. You know you can come with us! In fact some of those days I may be down there on my own.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    nice one bang!

Ben
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrat's, It's my turn this Sat.!!??? I hope!
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shootin' Bang.

Hey that guy who hung a stand down from yours last year, did he hang another this year?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    Good shootin' Bang.

Hey that guy who hung a stand down from yours last year, did he hang another this year?

It was a blind but nope. Although he showed up late last season. If he does, I'll be sure to leave a polite note about shooting across property lines cause that is the only direction he would have to shoot.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hunt private land(but during gun season it might as well be public), but it borders land owned by an old pottery dump. I'm talking 400-500 acres on the other side. Well a few years back a fellow bought the property and had like 8 guys with him one day while I was turkey hunting on his property(I didn't know anyone had bought it, before that it was like hush hush hunting because the pottery wouldn't give permission due to lawsuits) I ended up talking to the guy for an hour or two. Now, he lets me, s.gun, crosshair, and my little cousin hunt on his property as long as he or any of his buddies aren't in the area. Pretty nice guy, two of my stands actually border his property....the day I missed that 6 point he drove on through and helped me look for my arrow[xx(] I don't know if you own the property bang, but I know as for me I know people that hunt there don't have permission, but I'm not the land owner. Can I still call the warden? I had two amish guys on 4-wheelers kill a buck I had been hunting for a while last year. They kill anything that moves, they shot 2 yearlings, a button buck, and that 8 point. Didn't tag any of them until my uncle(crosshair) asked them about it. They did logging back in there years ago and they come back every gun season and it makes me sick.
    edited November -1
    He sat the blind in the corner of the property he had permission for which is an open bean field, that corner he was in is also the corner that 3 other properties meet. Any direction he shot was someone elses property except directly behind him. North, northwest, northeast, east or southeast is all someone else. East and southeast being what we farm. Now it is only a tree line that I am in and I am on the far east end but what he was doing was trying to cut them off in the travel route from the northwest to the east treeline where I sit. I almost need to draw you a picture to make sense. Again he was in the corner where 4 properties come together and the direction the deer move is not on his. This is not woods, only hedgerow/treelines in open fields. I'll try to get you a better pic but when I say tree line, thats all it is.

here is a pic lookin north from my stand
    DSC00095.jpg

Now to the south west, nothing but open field. He sat straight west of me in a bean field to cut them off which is a good plan but he has to shoot across property lines to do it.

DSC00096.jpg