In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are we that rare?

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
It seems amazing to me that so many people use this website, but there are so few bow hunters. It seems as though it's the same 10 people asking and responding every time. The rest just want to know how much they can sell their $50 bow for. We only have a couple of guys on here who you can definitely tell know all their *(I'm not one of them). Are we that rare?

Comments

• Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes,
    It appears we are rare, or nobody gives a *. I check this thread out everyday and like you said, nothing happens. If you want to check out a real bowsite, try iowawhitetail.com. You might enjoy it. Otherwise I look forward to chattin'.

BT
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I checked out the sight and liked it! Thank you for referring me. They had some very nice pics, and I really enjoyed an article on "Approaching your stand naturally". It told me how to walk like a squirrel (which I found amusing). The article was very informative though. I've always tried to be quiet when approaching my stand. And, when it is an extremely quiet morning, I always 'stutter step and stop' to immitate a deer walking slowly. But, I never even thought of using my turkey call as I walk and raking my foot every 5 or so steps. From now on I will observe and try to imitate what ground noise does not * deer.
    Later,
    Ben
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to check that link out also. I am new to the sport and I find myself scouring web pages for all of the archery stuff. I am jonseing so bad that I read threads a coupla different times!
  • bow4828bow4828 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rare??? Try being a Traditional archer.e.i.longbows and cedar arrows,ect:-)
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont think we are rare, we are out hunting instead of sitting behind a computer. I am new to this site like to say hi. I have been involved in archery for 10 or so years and used to work for the Whiffen Brothers at there pro shop in Milwaukee. I always like to learn new things about our sport. i am in the process of buying a new hunting bow. Have narrowed it down to Hoyt Razortec or Martin Cougar with Fury cams.

danski
  • harley95thharley95th Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with the original post about stupid questions, but my finds are that there are no real good/reliable forums or posts about true tech talk. New products, peoples feedback etc.... Most post are about who's seeing deer around the world or how many some one has killed. Does anyone know a real good forumn room to talk tech and new cool stuff? I use this one and bowsite.com.
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at this thread almost all starting or new members, lets talk tech. Cam & 1/2 bull or bravo. I put about 10 shots through a razortec seemed ok to me how about someone with more experience with it?

danski
  • predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Fishmanben i have a friend that each time he went to his stand he would jump deer so now in the afternoon he takes a tukery call a mouth call and uses it and walks real slow it sounds like a tukery feeding and he is seeing more deer seting in his stand and he killed a real nice buck that way hope this has help good luck
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I'm definitly gonna start doing that.