In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how many bow kills do you have

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Ive got a 4 pointer, a doe and 2 coyotes. the coyote I Bungholed him at 30 yards it was good

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I remember you posting about that coyote, caused a bit of a stir didn't ya. Good for you, I ain't shot any coyotes with my bow yet. Sunk into a nice maple tree trying one day but that was it.

I've shot turkeys, probably 9 or 10 bucks, and ??? does, got three squirrels and a rabbit under my belt. Plus this past season I arrowed a ground hog that wondered to the edge of the field. These are the main reason I don't shot carbon arrows to, I waste to many. [:)]

here's the deer I got in 2002, last year I got a smaller 10 point and a doe with a muzzle loader. I don't have a digital camera so my picture selections aren't to good.....[:(]

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Suspension/2002DeerJ1.jpg
    notice I ain;t to good with posting pictures...####edits

2002DeerJ1.jpg

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say around 40 deer total with a bow including 3 P&Y bucks in 15 years. Numerous coyotes, and a ground hog that wandered to close[:D]

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Can't member for sure.Maybe 7 or 8 Bucks.One Tree Rat,one Cottontail,and one Fox.Shot a few trees too.Don't know if the Trees survived.[:p]

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice deer!!

Thanks, Grizztribefans@sssnet.com
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not many. Lets just say I can count on one hand how many I have gotten with a bow. I hunt on the groun, and will not shoot anything beyond 30 yards-so my shots are very limited. I see a lot of deer during bow season, which is the main reason I go out during bow season.
    2 years ago, I was hunting the last day of bow season. It was snowing, and I was sitting in my ground blind for fifteen minutes when I saw a doe about 30 yards away. She was acting weird, and a couple seconds later I saw a buck right on her tail. He was sniffing her, and then he mounted her, went at it for about a minute, stopped, walked a few feet, then did it again. Walked a few feet stopped, and went at it again. This went on for a half an hour. The whole time I am hoping he mounts her in my shooting lane-I figured it would be an easy shot with him preoocupied with other business. It was also remarkable how when he was mounting her, his vitals remained remarkably still. They finally worked their way to a lane. She stoppe, perfect broadside shot-Im hoping he mounts her right there. She walks through my lane and he follows, never stopping so I could get a shot. Looking back, I probably should have shot the doe-but I thought they would certainly go at it in a place where a shot presented itself.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1

Those two on the left are Bow Kills.

Image12_3_Bucks_I.jpg

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    Nice deer! That one on the right pretty old?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Yes; an older Ohio Big Buck.Score of 143 3/8".

The Taxidermist did a poor job and made him look a little ragged and older though.[:(]

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    Don't ya hate that, when a taxidermist screws up you mount or makes you wait 16+ months to get it back. I never have found a really good one, some do good work but take forever, others are quick but their work sucks, it just never ends. [:(!]

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Is that one on the left smiling or sniffin' *?

www.RightFieldSucks.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

www.RightFieldSucks.com

[:0][:0][:0][:D][:D][:D]

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

www.RightFieldSucks.com

[:0][:0][:0][:D][:D][:D]

Jay. nice racks, fire your taxidermist. those deer look like they are all related. hook up withme if you get another you want to mount I have a guy who takes a long time but the deer look like they are alive when he is done. price is very reasonable too. will only take new work by referal thats how busy he is with repete customers.

thanks, for the pix wish more members would post photos.
    edited November -1
    I'm confused? Those three mounts aren't mine...belong to s.gun

I just found, a couple months ago, a amish guy that started a taxidermist shop in the next county. His mounts looked good and he swore he would get a mount completed within 7 months of leaving it. His prices ranged $250 to $375 so I think I'll give him a try on my next mount.
    I'll keep you in mind though, not sure I'd want to ship a head to Rhode Island though.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1

I just found, a couple months ago, a amish guy that started a taxidermist shop in the next county. His mounts looked good and he swore he would get a mount completed within 7 months of leaving it. His prices ranged $250 to $375 so I think I'll give him a try on my next mount.
    I'll keep you in mind though, not sure I'd want to ship a head to Rhode Island though.
    [:D]I thought those deer were yours. i just wanted you to ship a nice buck to RI so I[:D][:D][:D] could steel it and hang it on my wall
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

[:D]I thought those deer were yours. i just wanted you to ship a nice buck to RI so I[:D][:D][:D] could steel it and hang it on my wall

How about you send me a couple of yours so I can make sure they fit on MY wall??[;)]