In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey suspension!

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
Is there anybody on this forum? You seem to be the most active on hear so I figured I would ask ya! This is like a ghost town. Maybe things will pick up soon![:(!]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I check this forum 2-3 times a day no one seems to be totally serious about archery on this board.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Do I win anything for being classified most active???????[:D][:D]

I try to check the board a lot, but lately I haven't been. My home computer has been causing me problems and at work I am just overwelmed so I haven't even been logging on during lunch.
    Used to visit general discussion a lot to, but it's been a drag lately, everyone mad and I can never seem to keep up with whats going on.

So do you need my address to send my present to???[^][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now who said anything about a present? I don't remember saying anything about a present! I was just wondering. People post then leave for days. We can talk about other things slightly off the archery subject can't we? The general discussion lately is nothing about politics and what people had for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also the weather. I thought this was a hunting, shooting and outdoors forum? I think at times that people just see how many posts they can wrap up at times![:D]

edited November -1
    Your getting off the subject of my present but I suppose that's okay. [;)][:D]

By the way, I had a blueberry bagel for breakfast if your wondering.

I'll talk about anything, doesn't matter to me. I know what your saying about people posting just to do it. It really doesn't take to long to add some up though, I know when I started and see how many posts some of the people had I was like I'll never get to that point, hell I almost got a 1,000 now.

I gotta question. I just started digging up a stump in my back yard, whats the best way to get rid of it? It's been there since I moved in, all covered with dirt/grass, but the ground is unlevel and high around it. So last night me and the one dog decided to start digging it up. I was thinking about soaking it in oil and then burning it. Not sure how well it'll burn though cause it's been buried for probably 10 years, maybe more.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    I removed a pretty good size stump for my inlaws to build a roof and pour concrete for a patio. I did a h$#l of alot of digging for the roots as deep as I could go then cut them until I had them all then pulled the stump out. I don't know if i would ever want to do it again though. I have heard of people burning them out and I hear it works. Good luck. If you want the easy way out, call the professional stump removers. I don't know what they charge but might be worth it. I hear they just grind them out.

edited November -1
    I figure I'll try burning it first. Now I got a hole about 7 feet diameter and close to 3 foot deep, but the stump is in the middle of all that to. I'll grab me a extra case of bush light this weekend and give it a go.

Thought about one of those stump grinders, I was gonna check at the equipment rental place, but never did. I guess I could look at that if it doesn't burn. I expect a professional would be pretty exspensive to come in for one single stump...maybe not though

edited November -1
    Suspension, How is that stump coming? (No stump is any fun)[V]

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Make a fire pit out of your hole. Stump should be gone in a month.
    Ben

www.RightFieldSucks.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Make a fire pit out of your hole. Stump should be gone in a month.
    Ben

Been doing that, but I don't know if I can drink that much beer. Sitting outside around a fire makes me feel like I should be having a beer and that stump sure is taking a long time to burn up completely.....[:D][;)]

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Your getting off the subject of my present but I suppose that's okay. [;)][:D]

By the way, I had a blueberry bagel for breakfast if your wondering.

I'll talk about anything, doesn't matter to me. I know what your saying about people posting just to do it. It really doesn't take to long to add some up though, I know when I started and see how many posts some of the people had I was like I'll never get to that point, hell I almost got a 1,000 now.

I gotta question. I just started digging up a stump in my back yard, whats the best way to get rid of it? It's been there since I moved in, all covered with dirt/grass, but the ground is unlevel and high around it. So last night me and the one dog decided to start digging it up. I was thinking about soaking it in oil and then burning it. Not sure how well it'll burn though cause it's been buried for probably 10 years, maybe more.

[}:)] TRY SOME C-4 JUST USE A LITTLE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT. CAN I HAVE YOUR BOW IF SOMTHING GOES WRONG?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    [}:)] TRY SOME C-4 JUST USE A LITTLE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT. CAN I HAVE YOUR BOW IF SOMTHING GOES WRONG?

I think he has a hoyt(or was it a browning) that could be pretty cheap right now.

www.RightFieldSucks.com
    edited November -1
    Come on guys! What the heck you trying to do here?[:D]
    My Hoyt got runned over by fiancee and my Browning is ancient, bought as fast as a one legged dog.

I'm still burning and drinking beer while working on that stump [:D]
    edited November -1
    Sounds like yard work has become your #1 priority.[;)][:D][:D]
    Ben

www.RightFieldSucks.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Sounds like yard work has become your #1 priority.[;)][:D][:D]
    Ben

www.RightFieldSucks.com

It has. I've been considering a COD tap system for the barn. [;)]

• BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Suspension,
    Too late now,but I always soak the stump down w/old oil or deisel
    for a few weeks before I cover it w/other old wood to get it goin'.
    The oil gets good and soaked in and it'll burn way down deep.But,
    like I said,too late now.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BOBBYWINS
    Suspension,
    Too late now,but I always soak the stump down w/old oil or deisel
    for a few weeks before I cover it w/other old wood to get it goin'.
    The oil gets good and soaked in and it'll burn way down deep.But,
    like I said,too late

Not to late BW. I did that before I started burning it. I soaked in probably 5 or 6 gallons of oil, no diesel fuel though.