In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOW ?

runt-hunterrunt-hunter Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I have shot and owned a lot of different bows, mainly hoyt. My favorite hunting bow was a high country ultra extreme I had in the early ninties. It was very easy to tune and easy to shoot. The problem with this bow was the limbs. I went through nine sets of limbs and I sold it to a buddy because of that. {He knew about the problem} High country still doesn't use good limb material in my opinion, they just covered up the limbs with shrink wrap so you can't see the cracks.
I like my hoyts that I shoot now. My favorite hoyt is a deviator with a redline cam {solocam}. This bow fits me well. I could shoot real good groups with it. I like my havotec with the cam and a half for hunting. It is a little shorter than what I like for target shooting, but for hunting, it is light and compact.

Comments

• FletchMasterFletchMaster Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a HCA TSS carbon, Max-Xtreme aluminum and just ordered the Perf-X aluminum no limb problems with either bow.

I also shoot the Newberry B1

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest until youre Good Is Better and Youre Better Is Best!
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Mathews MQ32, small, lightweight, forgiving (to my bad form) and ultra quiet.

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My horton explorer crossbow with carbon bolts and a scope. Very happy with it, does make alot of noise though!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I used to shoot a hoyt superslam and was always very happy with it. One bow I would like to own is what Ted Nugent sells. Not sure if they are Bear or what, but a buddy of mine stopped at his shop in MI and bought himself and his son compund bows. Ted happened to be there and helped them both setup and sight their bows. I shot my buddies once and it was a very nice bow and I was extremely surprised at how quit it was.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bgrivrsbgrivrs Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love my Bowtech Patriot single cam. Fastest and quietest bow I ever
    shot!!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a reflex a couple years ago and I love it. Hey Suspension, uncle ted shoots a renegade bow.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    I got a reflex a couple years ago and I love it. Hey Suspension, uncle ted shoots a renegade bow.

Renegade huh? Are they an actual manufacturer or a Bear model? I had it in my head he uses Bear bows for some reason...might just because of the Fred Bear song though....[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.renegadebows.com It might ba able to tell ya more about their origin Suspension.

edited November -1
    Hey thanks taco413!!