In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ameristep climber, opinions?

ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
One of Santa's helpers clued me in on a gift of mine. The only reason she said anything was she wondered if it was a good deal. She got it for $30 closeout sale. I was wondering if anyone has any info on it? If I can get another stand out there for only 30 bucks, what the heck. Let me hear ya.

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know anything about their stands but a climber for $30 can't be all bad. I would be interested to know if it's just a platform or if it has two pieces for a sit/stand type of set up. For me, this would be one that I leave at the bottom of a tree for the season and just climb rather than packing in and out. NICE SCORE for the Christmas season![:D]

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't know anything about ameristep climbers either but I'm with ya. Another stand out there for $30! Can't go wrong!

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually she saw a guy in the checkout line with 4 of them and the cashier told her it must be a deal because guys kept buying them. She was lucky to get back there and grab one herself! Gotta love her!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    $30???? My my my. That's a stand that you wouldn't have to worry so much about getting stolen.

It's probably just a little heavy, but if you don't have to lug it in and out every time, who cares?

A locking cable probably would cost about the same as the stand--I'd have a hard time deciding if I wanted to use one.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Ben

squirrel.jpg
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For 30 bucks i'd buy them all and hang em as permanent stands.

stab.jpg
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you don't want it, regift it to me. i'll use it lol
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $30 I paid more for my chain on stand.[B)] Don't think Santa's helper
    got hurt on that deal.[:)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Not sure which model you got, but the stuff they have on their website looks good to me. $30, wow, you better get the girl something REAL nice in exchange. [:D]

http://www.ameristep.com/treestands/nontypical.html

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I am not mistaken, the Ameristep stands are made of steel, not aluminum. They will support a load, just keep an eye out for rust after a few years. I think this company was formerly called "Amacker". I had one of there original climbers. It was solid but heavy and loud. For $30, you can't go wrong.

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."