In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FX-II crossbow as a gift. Need help...

cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
I dont know the first thing about bows (besudes the obvious, and my Archery merit badge in the Boy Scouts).
I am receiving one of those FX-II crossbows as a gift: about 50 bucks, 80-lb draw, comes with cheapie scope, etc. here's a link:

http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/cgi/webc.cgi/store/st_*.html?p_prodid=25525&sid=8NxGfR0W40D45vs

Any info appreciated. I suppose it will be used for target shooting old magazines/newspapers.
What should a new-to-bows guy know? speed? bolt weight? bolt length? etc.
Anything, literally, appreciated!
Thanks!
C-

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't tell you anything about it now --- however, after seeing it in your post, I have ordered one. We have not seen any rain here in over 50 days. I am watering a small grass area to keep it alive. The rabbits from everywhere come in at night to feed. The neighbors get excited if I shoot them with a shotgun at midnight. Hopefully, the small arrows (bolts) will do the work without alarming the neighbors. Once I have had some experience with it, I will try to post here again if the topic is still open.

Best Regards
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you guys get the in let us know how good they are.....

coonass

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
  • Options
    cpilericpileri Member Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the package has arrived. But I can't open it until father's day.
    Did anyone else try theirs?
    Carl

AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen -- all

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but mine arrived and I am sorry to say that it is an inexpensively made Chinese product.

Since the folks at GunBroker take considerable umbridge at knocking a company or product, that is as much as I dare say in a public forum.

Regards To All