In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stryker vs. Desert stryker???

tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
I have another crossbow question for those who know. PA is going to them this year. I bought a horton legacy and just was not really impressed. I resold it here.
I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into the main differences in these two. Is it worth the additional 5-700 to get the stryker vs. the desert stryker? I have never shot the desert and that is why I ask.
Thanks you

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'll research it to see if I can get you some answers. I know someone that works for Bowtech, I'll post up as soon as I hear back from him.
    edited November -1
    His response. You may need to copy and paste the link.

quote:The Stryker is the fast one, at 400FPS, and it has a chain drive that is cranked up and down instead of being done by hand. The limbs are laminated and have a special wrap around them for durability. Right now, we offer the Stryker and the new Strykeforce which has center pivot limbs. thumbs_up Heres everything you need to know Bang.

http://www.strykerxbow.com/
    edited November -1
    One more response from him.

quote:BTW, if you go into "downloads" in that link, you will find the manuals for all 3 of the models. They have all the info you need.
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Bang. I loved the stryker when I shot it, but am just having a hard time justifying all that extra money for another 50 fps. I really need to find a place to shoot the desert stryker I guess to see if it really does warrant the jump up to the higher end.
    Thanks again,
    Tom
    edited November -1
    Sorry I just realized I had the second quote messed up. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the differences if you get to shoot both. thanks
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to follow up after shooting the desert stryker. I drove about an hour to find a place that had one that I could shoot. I was not that impressed. I do think that it is a bit quieter than the recurves (like the exomax that delivers the same 350 fps), but at 350 feet per second, I am not sure that it is worth the extra money over an excalibur recurve. The 405 fps stryker is the most amazing thing that I have shot and I do think that I am going to hold out and go with that model. Thanks for all of the help Bang!
    edited November -1
    I didn't really do much but your welcome. thank you for the follow up!