In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new member to forum

shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
just wanted to say hello..If anyone needs some info on bows or fishing stuff or anything..Im pretty knowledgable. Still learning all the ins and out on guns and ammo buts the rest is really pretty basic..Did they guy get the used mq1 yall were discussing?

shelly

Comments

• Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Shelly[:o)]What brand of bows do you deal with. I'm not in sales but the sales people I deal with at my local archery stores are good people. They really try to help .I went and read your post on the general forum. I agree with your concepts on sales. I say that from a consumers point of view any way.quote:Originally posted by shelly
    just wanted to say hello..If anyone needs some info on bows or fishing stuff or anything..Im pretty knowledgable. Still learning all the ins and out on guns and ammo buts the rest is really pretty basic..Did they guy get the used mq1 yall were discussing?

shelly

MLMorgan
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We deal with Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, Reflex, Diamond,Browning and Pse as far as bows...We also do sporting goods ( ie
    guns, athletics, clothing, fishing, etc) so I try to stay pretty knowledgeable and help the customers

shelly
    edited November -1
    where is your store located?
    edited November -1
    longview,texas

shelly
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Shelly,

I was the one considering the Mathews MQ1, Talked to the owner last night, he said it was an Q2, about 6 years old. I'm going back to check but I'm sure the bow had MQ1 on the wood grip. Was asking 400 but he told the shop owner to price it at 300, doesn't seem inclined to take any less, mentioned he had almost 1000 in it. Is there any significant differance between the MQ1 and the Q2 ? I'm price shopping, want a bow now, not saving for months as I don't know if it will be a backyard toy or would really take it hunting, can't see putting 6-800 in a new bow to set in the gun cabinet. I know when I had my BIL's PSE set up for me it came to 300. I'll reuse the Bisket and stabilizer and arrows. Shop owner said I could use my Easton carbon excel 340 with this Mathews.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Studebaker,
    Hopefully Buckey will chime in as he owned a Q2. They were great bows. As far as the differences between the Q2 and the Q1 the Q2 was 3" shorter and had a newer design of cam.
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Shelly [:)][:)]
    edited November -1
    the difference between the mq1 verses the q2 is the axle to axle length was 37" on the mq1 and 34" on the q2. the q2 had the dampeners in the limbs. Brace height and speed were the same weight was only a slight difference 3.75 pounds on the mq1 and 4 pounds on the q2. If it is a q2 in good condition (look at the cams, limbs and the riser...strings are replacable) a fair price is 300-350.00 if it is the mq1 a fair price is 250.00. The mq1 would be a little more forgivind since it was longer axle to axle. What i would suggest though, is shoot it and shoot some other bows that you like at your local bow shop also. Everyone has their one preferences. Then buy it if you like how it feels ..Try a drop away rest you'll like it .

shelly
    edited November -1
    We finally have a shop operater here, how sweet is that?
    edited November -1
    their are probably alot more than me at there...Some of yalls discussions are interesting..Have a nice memorial weekend

shelly
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shelly
    We deal with Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, Reflex, Diamond,Browning and Pse as far as bows...We also do sporting goods ( ie
    guns, athletics, clothing, fishing, etc) so I try to stay pretty knowledgeable and help the customers

shelly

Would you send me a switchback or alligence at your cost please[;)]. Not sure what the mark up is but I would rather not pay it[:D]. Thanks, oh welcome to the forum.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Welcome Shelly... some really nice guys here.. and they aint bad to look at either [:D]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum, Shelly. It's good to have you here. Come on in, and we'll all have some "interesting discussions".

Ben[:p]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey Shelly welcome to the forum. now back to the mathews Q2 great bow fast small now vibratin at all you will love it. [;)]
    edited November -1
    The q2 is a great bow..I really havent seen anything mathews produce that isnt great. Plus one advantage of a mathews is that it will hold its resell value better than other brand bows. Everyone always wants a mathews old or new...

As for anyone wanting a bow at cost get in line..The only one getting that kind of deal is myself and my employees

I would love to hear what people are using and what they think is hot for this year..

shelly
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Thankyou very Much Shelly I have meationed the resale value of Mathews many times you pay a little more but you get more when you sell or trade.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    welcome shelly

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • icdux1icdux1 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Shelly nice to have you i also have a ? of your expertist i just got a Martin T-1 Tomcat is this a good bow? thank you
    Sinerly, Grant

icdux1 and kathy
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard shelly!!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    really since i have not carried the tomcat and it is not a valid bow for 2005 I really cant tell you much...except i called martin to check specs etc verses everything else and they never called back. Best customer service mathews, pse, bowtech.....hoyt

shelly