In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Elite Archery vs Bowtech

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
quote:Elite Archery vs Bowtech

The Court finds that the non competition clause contained in the 2001 employment agreement between Mr. Strother and Bowtech is not valid.
Defendants are permitted to market product produced from existing inventory, until August 31, 2006. After August 31, 2006, Defendants are enjoined from:

A binary cam that is the same in appearance to the Bowtech cam

A riser that is the same in appearance and color to the Bowtech

Bow strings with speed nocks

Any bow with a limb mounting angle that is within three degrees of the existing limb mounting angle of Bowtech bows.

Am I reading this right? Does Elite have to competely redesign there products?

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    They cannot market any of the aformentioned items the cam the riser the color or camo pattern. so yes in my opinion you are reading it correctly. because enjoined means prohibited: forbidden.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    So wouldn't this be bad for the shops that are currently carring the Elite products, they will have to redesign and produce in just a few months.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so that means that Elite won the non competition clause, however, they can't produce a similar bow? That is weird, however, i saw this coming after bowtech filed suit. I mean come on the bows look identical and if one didn't know better with elites crappy camo they would think that the bowtech and elite bows were made by the same company.

I have to say that it is pretty dumb on Elites part to manufacture such a similar bow. They had to know this was coming.

It would also have to suck on Strother's part to get fired from a company he started, I guess he isn't the smartest business man.. Or he has learned that 50/50 partnerships won't work once you get investers involved.

This also gives elite 2 months to sell off their current inventory at what will probably be dirt cheap prices. So if you are looking for a good bow for cheap, they should be out there. After that they need to redesign and start over. That will be a hit on them big time. If they don't go out of business, I would be suprised.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Great summary shoff I think ya hit the nail on the riser.[;)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just thought of something

Since they can't have the same angle or with in 3 degrees. Design wise, it would not be hard to change the limb angle and put a different deflection or more deflection into the limb resulting in basically the same design even though the angle would be different.

What I think will be appealed though is the limb angle clause because, you could go get all the manufactures, measure their angle, and say that I can't compete with bowtech with this angle but this company can....ect.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya'll know Elite archery is owned by a former Bowtech employee right? I think Bowtech should have left things alone, because this could backfire on them if Mathews Hoyt or others decided to pitch a b*&^h about similairities to their bows. Mathews is a big company but Hoyt has alot more $$ than all others put together with all the stuff they produce. Who give two s*$ts what Elite does, i've shot their bows and wouldn't own one if it was gave to me.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Ya'll know Elite archery is owned by a former Bowtech employee right? I think Bowtech should have left things alone, because this could backfire on them if Mathews Hoyt or others decided to pitch a b*&^h about similairities to their bows. Mathews is a big company but Hoyt has alot more $$ than all others put together with all the stuff they produce. Who give two s*$ts what Elite does, i've shot their bows and wouldn't own one if it was gave to me.

Your right if it doesn't say MATHEWS on it's CHIT..[:D]