In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1st BOW KILL EVER!!!!!!!!

thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
Woohoo!!!! Got my first ever bow kill monday afternoon. 5 pointer. Pics and story to follow.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82
    Woohoo!!!! Got my first ever bow kill monday afternoon. 5 pointer. Pics and story to follow.
    Awsome man cant wait to see photos and hear the story... Are you still shaking[?] Congrads[;)][^]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Sweet! Happy for you... looking forward to pics
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Way to go. Congrats.
  • 7sdad7sdad Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your first!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    100_1556.jpg

Luck was with me. I wasn't actually hunting that afternoon. I was scouting out a spot i had walked up on during my last hunt and just thought i'd carry my bow...just in case. Well i was looking around when i heard something walking on the ridge above me. I jumped behind a huge pine and nocked an arrow(my last one). Sure enough this guy came walking down the ridge quartering toward my right. He got bout 50 yards away and stopped. He put his nose to the ground then up in the air. Rats!! He had walk right over where i walked down at. After a couple of sniffs he turned and skiddishly walked back to my left still slightly quartering my way. Worried he was about to bust me i let him walk behind a tree and i drew. I later measured it... 32 yard ( a shot i had practiced and was very comfortable with.) When he stepped out i stepped out and put my pin behind his shoulder. Either he saw me or just jumped my bow string cause as soon as i hit my release he lit out. As you can see from the pic my arrow connected just in front of his hind leg. He hit the ground jumped back up and i could see the arrow sticking out about half way. Talk about a sinking feeling. He hobbled about 45-50 yard and layed down. It was almost dark at this point. I was not very optimistic about my shot so i sat down got my heart started again and gave him about 25 mins. Walked to where i saw him lay down and there he lay expired. I had hit his femor artery on the other side. Talk about luck. Either way it was a fatal hit and euphoria set in. I would appreciate any links to some kind of archers anonymous because i am hooked for life!
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats! You will never forget your first.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the addiction! [:D] Thanks for the pics and the story I could almost feel the hunt with you.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice pic and great story Thunderstick!!! Enjoy those backstraps.[:p]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats...
    Now the addiction begins to take over even more![;)]