In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

lmbhngr

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
edited September 2004 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
Welcome to the forum. We are a light-hearted group over here. It's always a pleasure to have another enthusiast aboard. Make yourself at home. Watch out for buckey, he can be kind of cantankerous when he forgets to take his meds.

Ben

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard lmbhngr, stick around awile we're a fun bunch, just stay away from suspension. He likes gettin deer addicted to that there deer cane stuff[:D][:D] oops almost forgot, party at buckeyboys cabin, Nov. in So. Illinois.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, thanks for the welcome fellas.
    I peruse this forum on occassion. I'm usually not too vocal but, enjoy adding my 2 cents worth every now and again. Especially if I can share my knowledge & experience to help out another brother in the Great Outdoors. Poking someone in the ribs is fun, too, haha.
    Did someone say party in So. Illinios?!! I'm there dude!! I just watched North American Whitetail Magazine Television and Pat Reeves and Stan Potts killed some super bucks during the second gun season in '03 with T/C Omegas. Reeves was a Booner! Do you need my address to send my invitation? Hahahaha...
    Lmbhngr
    edited November -1
    Hey, thanks for the welcome fellas.
    I peruse this forum on occassion. I'm usually not too vocal but, enjoy adding my 2 cents worth every now and again. Especially if I can share my knowledge & experience to help out another brother in the Great Outdoors. Poking someone in the ribs is fun, too, haha.
    Did someone say party in So. Illinios?!! I'm there dude!! I just watched North American Whitetail Magazine Television and Pat Reeves and Stan Potts killed some super bucks during the second gun season in '03 with T/C Omegas. Reeves was a Booner! Do you need my address to send my invitation? Hahahaha...
    Lmbhngr
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm...don't know how that happened???
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Welcome Lmbhngr;where is this Clarksville?I never heard of it.I'm also from the Buckeye State.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I third that buckeye state motion.
    Did you guys see that record buck that came out of Holmes county? They just had an article on it in Ohio Fish & Game. Big Ol boy came from about 40 minutes away from me. I'll bet if he hadn't been shot he woulda made his way down to my neck of the woods and walked under my stand this year....[;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Clarksville is a little, one-light, redneck town about 10 miles SW of Wilmington in Clinton Co. It's about 45 mins. N of Cincy, 45 mins. S of Dayton. There are some tremendous bucks around the county only nearly all of it is privately owned. Trespassers cost me the only good local farm I had to hunt so, unless I can secure something else, most of my hunting is done in Pike Co. where my friends and family have a big Meade/West Vaco lease.
    Got any land you need me to hunt for you? [:D]
    edited November -1
    One light redneck town....oh that's about one in a zillion throughout Ohio [;)]
    West Vaco land, isn't that the big paper company outa west virginia?
    Got a few places up here in Tuscarawas if you enjoy driving a few hours. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Hey Suspension...

Yes, Clarksville would be one of those zillion.
    West Vaco joined up with Meade 2-3 years ago. Meade is in Chillicothe, Ross Co. I don't necessarily thinks it was a good thing as our lease has increased in price every year since. We think it will continue to do so.
    You in Tuscawaras Co.? The heart of the deer herd part of the state. Well, if there are too many deer for you to harvest all by yourself, I may be able to assist you, haha. That's a beautiful area. My grandmother lives in Carrollton, OH in the summer. I usually make one trip through there in the fall when the leaves are changing. All the beautiful deer and turkey country make me all giddy and wishing I owned about a 1000 or so acres. It's a beautiful part of the state.
    edited November -1
    Hey Suspension...

Yes, Clarksville would be one of those zillion.
    West Vaco joined up with Meade 2-3 years ago. Meade is in Chillicothe, Ross Co. I don't necessarily thinks it was a good thing as our lease has increased in price every year since. We think it will continue to do so.
    You in Tuscawaras Co.? The heart of the deer herd part of the state. Well, if there are too many deer for you to harvest all by yourself, I may be able to assist you, haha. That's a beautiful area. My grandmother lives in Carrollton, OH in the summer. I usually make one trip through there in the fall when the leaves are changing. All the beautiful deer and turkey country make me all giddy and wishing I owned about a 1000 or so acres. It's a beautiful part of the state.
    edited November -1
    I've heard the R & F coal ground leases have been going up in cost each year around here. Nobody ever gave me a reason though, probably some rich guy needing a few more bucks is what I figured. [;)]

We got a few running around up here, just let me know, always nice to hunt with someone new. I have a few places to go so that wouldn't be a problem. Even got a couple sure things (no buck promise).
    Carrollton, I work with about 30 people from there. Nice area, I never had any luck deer hunting over there though. I mainly hunt Tuscarawas, Coshocton, and Gurnsey. Once in a great while I venture to the amish Holmes county. [^]

a 1,000 acres huh....that would be sweet. I just read that 95% of Ohio lands are privately owned. I didn't imagine that.

By the way, welcome aboard!

edited November -1
    Hey Susp'...

I'd love to try and hook up with you for a hunt sometime. Do you start as soon as the season opens or wait till the leaves hit the ground? Also, what days are you usually available to hug trees??

Lmbhngr
    edited November -1
    I start soon as season comes in and hunt into January if I have an open tag. I hunt mostly weekends that work and home requirements allow me to. It normally ends up being about every weekend [:D] I use about 8 or 9 days of vacation also.

We may need to take along a boat the way it has been looking lately. Man this water has been crazy, everything if flooded around here again. Two weeks ago From Monday to wednesday we had 4.5 inches come down. I think my lab is even tired of it. [:D]

Lmbhngr, you wouldn't be heading to the Kenton * dog field trials next week woulda?

edited November -1
    Susp'...

I reckon we should be able to pull a couple of days together sometime in 4 months, eh?!
    We haven't had much rain in my neck of the woods lately. We've had some good showers in the last couple days but, the heavy stuff has been missing us. My weather radio was hollerin' about some flood warnings north of me on Saturday.
    Sorry, no * dog trials for me. I've actually never been * hunting. I don't have any buddies that chase the little ring-tailed critters. I know it's all about the dogs. With my luck, I'd take a stick in the eye running through the woods in the dark. [xx(]
    edited November -1
    It's all fun and games until someone runs a stick in their eye.[:D]

I believe we should be able to put something together to do some hunting together.

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey Sus, what's up with tis post are you and the new guy engaged or somthing? Is this concidered cantankerous. Did I spell that right cause I want to give a good impression for the new guy
    edited November -1
    Yo...buckey...you spelled "this" wrong...[:D][8D] Whatsa' matter...you wanna share a treestand with me too? Hahahahahaha......
    edited November -1
    Yea, I will film for you guy's[:I][:I][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    engaged? share a tree stand? What's up with this forum?
    Is it politically incorrect to state that I do not support homo sexual relationships? Consider it stated anyway...[:D]

edited November -1
    Sus, I did mean to make you feel like a HOMO sorry
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Is it politically incorrect to state that I...support homo sexual relationships?

Whatever floats your boat, Susp.[;)]

quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Yea, I will film for you guy's
    That's just sick.[xx(]

Ben

p.s. Sorry Buckey, I couldn't resist.

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    edited November -1
    You guys are a riot. Imagine the trouble we could cause if we all got together for a weekend. [:0][:D]
    "Uhhh, hi honey, could you come down to the Sheriff's department and..."
    edited November -1
    Ben, i don't know what to call it but there has to be a law against what you did. Maybe cut/paste/erase forgery or something.
    Buckey started it with the homo comment so he's an accessory.
    sniffle sniffle [B)]

Buckey, that is gross the way Ben put it! Whats wrong with you man? Imagine how your wife would feel if she knew!!!

good ol Lmbhngr stayed clear of all the rude comments. That's true ohioisms there! [^]

oops, here comes my buddy. we're off to Kenton now. See you jokers next week. [:D][;)]