In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Houston is this a problem

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
My new bow I have been working on siting it in. I have the 20 yard pin set good as gold. I tried adding a 30 yard pin and was experimenting with the 20 yard pin at 30 then 35 yards it only drops about 4 inches at these yards. I set up a 35 yard pin and its about a millitmeter under the 20 pin should i just chitcan the 35 pin and just shoot with a 20 for the season

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    4 inches of drop can miss a heart or lungs, but if you feel comfortable shooting that way then it's up to you. I know two people who only use one sight pin on their bows and they adjust with distance. I don't estimate distance well enough and I am not consistant enough to be able to do this myself.

So you got any pictures to post of the new edition?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would just use your 20 yard pin just aim for center mass in the chest cavity and you should be fine.
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the same problem with my pin sights. I switched to a Savage pedlium sight. Problem solved. It has one pin and depending on how flat your bow shoots all you have to do is put the pin where you want to hit and it is all over. You zero the Savage pedlium sight in at 20 yards on the ground and you are good to go from a tree stand or a ground blind.
    This past June I took my second bear from a tree stand at 20 yards, the summer before I shot my bear at 30 yards with the same sight. Last October on a Texas Deer hunt one of the exotic Corsican rams walked into one of my shooting lanes. One shot and he droped in his tracks, 42 yards, from a ground blind, same Savage sight.I just put the pin in the center of his chest and down he went,arrow came out infront of the left ham.

Hornet
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you were to sight in your pin at maybe 25-30 yards, you might be an inch or two high at 20 yards, but only an inch or two low at 35. Just split the difference and then you don't have to worry about it.