In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

anyone ever robin hood an arrow

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
edited September 2004 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
meaning they shot an arrow into the back of another arrow sticking the 2 together. I almost did shooting today i heard a ping saw somthing fly. I ran over to investigate and found no robin hood but i had nicked another arrow and the nock flew off. was not to happy with that

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I have 2 or 3 times when I was doing a lot of shooting.6 arrows at a time it is bound to happen occasionally when you start shooting tight groups.Got lazy and went with a Crossbow a few years ago.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done that split one of my bloody expensive carbon arrows [V]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do about six times a year in league. It was cool at first but now it just ticks me off as I hear the k-ching k-ching of the cash register and feel my wallet getting lighter.
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have about 3 of them my self. It does get rather costly. I have not robin hooded a carbon arrow yet, but I am sure it will happen and it will cost me again. I have cut several alum. arrows in half shooting from different angles at my 3D targets, I try to avod this since I switched to carbon arrows. I am sure that it will make a mess when it happens.

Hornet
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've done that a couple times myself, so now I try to pick another spot to shoot at. I split a buddies a few weeks ago and he got pi$$ed and said I owed him an arrow. Which was fine but he whined until we went back to the bow shop and I bought him one.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did it twice in a span of 6 arrows...aluminum. Bought a new bow and switched to carbon the next year. Haven't ruined any carbon shafts, yet but, some of them are scarred. I have my two hanging up as "trophies" but, I'd prefer not to waste any of my carbon shafts.

Lmbhngr
  • 270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have done it 4 times in 2 months. I only shoot 3 arrows in the same spot. 3 where at 20 yrds and 1 at 30 yrds.

"A blood trail is life" (Ted Nugent)
    turkey.gif
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did not "robin hood" but i did shoot one of my new carbon arrows through the vein of another. Wasn't to bad on the wallet,just needed refletched.

muss
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some time back, I was at a guns & archery shop that had an indoor archery range in Spencer, Indiana. There were several "robin hood" shots on display. I commented that there must be several good archers that shot there. The shop owner replied that it was usually the not-so-good archers who did the robin hood thing. Those who were good knew better than to ruin their arrows by shooting at the bull after hitting it the first time.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

Lafayette.gif

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • NANA Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have robin hooded a few arrows in my day, it is more of a painful event now considering the cost of arrows. I remember the first time I split one I was thinking I was so good to have been able to do that. That was when mom was buying the arrows, now I understand her point when she told me I was in an expensive sport. And archery can get expensive especially if you like the high tech side of the sport. Anyway I guess my point is "the thrill is gone"

{)xxxx{:::::::>TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED! <:::::::}XXX(}