In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hunter Mag

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
From the IBS site I see that you have Dons book. How much is the book and how do I order one. Sounds like everyone is having a hard time puttin it down. I'd like to know more about it and possibly purchase one.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    http://www.borowskirace.com/
    http://kellerautomotive.com/ pics of the car go to gallery

Hit the 555 and turn up your speakers!!! This is a good friend of my brother inlaws and it sits in a early 80s camaro.
    edited November -1
    Why don't you give us the details on that fine ride of yours!

Ben
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Why don't you give us the details on that fine ride of yours!

Ben
    ya....[}:)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Ben did you look at the pix of the engine in Mag's profile real nice[8D]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem guys.
    I'm not sure where to start so if I leave something out just ask. I know that car better than my son. Only because I've had it longer and it's attitude is always "BAD *" not "I'm 13 now dad".
    It has a 525HP 454 bored .030 over. With forged TRW 10.25:1 pistons. High perf. 325cc intake runners 118cc combustion camber rectangular port heads that are port matched to an edelbrock airgap intake. Oh the heads are ported also. The valves are S.S. 2.25"intake and 1.8"exhaust. S.S. hooker competition headers that have 2" primaries to a 3-1/2" collector with dual 3" flowmaster super 40 exhaust.
    Cam specs are .553int/.571exh. lift with a duration of .236int./.246exh. @.050 lift. Holley double pumper 800CFM carb with 30cc primary and 50cc secondary accerator pumps. It's a 3 speed reverse linkage manual shift only TH400 automatic trans with a great shift kit(this makes for excellent burnouts)4.11 12 bolt fulltime posi rear end. Aluminum radiator with a 16" electric fan(to keep the beast cool)original color.
    Last week me and my son went cruising a couple times and he really likes it when I drive by parked cars with the ground pounding chest thumping sound that sets the car alarms off. We set off the alarm of one car in the neighborhood twice the same day. Once for a cruise in the afternoon then again later on the way home from cruise night. It's also hard to have a conversation standing next to it or cruising in it when running. When I start it in the garage in the kitchen you can hear the glasses rattling in the cabinets and the floor feels like a foot message.
    After we get done cruising he can't wait to race cars with his video games.
    That's about all I can think of for now. If any of you guys want I can e-mail you the same but bigger pics of the engine ect.?
    Jim
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    You must have a ton of money invested in that car... can I have it[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    What year is it?

Ben
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    no no! give it to me.....
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

First of all Buck/Bowman you guys have to stop dreaming/hallucinating. You guys picked the wrong mushrooms.[:D]

Not really Buck. I bought it in '87 or '88 for $2500 with the same engine. Drove it till '04 then pulled the motor myself to have it rebuilt over the winter. I actually did most of the work myself because I have a machine shop at work. Made the exhaust,port matched the heads to the intake ect. I also changed the springs,all tie rods,control arm bushings,stabilizer bar bushings ect. since the engine was out during the winter of '04/'05. Cost me about $5K for the whole deal. But she runs even better now.

Ben it's a '66 chevelle malibu.
    BTW Ben I think your squirrel has more balls then my chevelle.[;)]