In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got the grand slam of whitetails...

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got one with a bow in September, one with a shotgun and one with a rifle in November and now one with a smoke pole in December. I could get to like this muzzle loader hunting! It was a mercy killing tonight. Buck fawn with a leg blown off. It will be some good eating tho...

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Edit- I read your post wrong. I read it as bucks first and wondered how many you could get. Anyhow your making me hungry. Good shooting and I hope you have a big freezer[:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bang... Only one was a buck. Well except the wounded fawn. That was in 2 states as well so I could have shot 2 bucks(Minnesota only allows one per hunter no matter how many seasons you hunt). My freezer is really full now! In fact I need to make more room for fish. I am going back to Mexico on another fishing trip.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Congrats. Also, good for you for putting the fawn out of its misery. Got a doe last weekend with a shotgun. The only shot I had was a left handed one which was a first for me. I was hoping to take one later that afternoon with the pistol but the only shot I had was at a huge 10pt that was about 110yards out in the wheat field. Too far with either guns for me so I passed.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    [:0] Mexico!?!?!? They have them monster bass. That would be cool. When is the trip?
  • 7sdad7sdad Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Bang I am going to Cabo. No bass fising in the desert, but the ocean is rockin. Here are a few pictures from last year.
    Mexico06178.jpg
    Mexico06022.jpg
    Mexico06076.jpg
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dsco you SOB. You would put pics up of deep sea fishing when it was -5*F last night here,[xx(] and still 8" of snow on the ground.
    Really nice pics though.....ya need any help[?]
    edited November -1
    Mag,
    I do need some help. Still have a little Mahi Mahi in the freezer. I brought back 80 lbs last year, and have managed to eat/give away most of it. Just a little left. I want it all gone before I go again.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Mag,
    I do need some help. Still have a little Mahi Mahi in the freezer. I brought back 80 lbs last year, and have managed to eat/give away most of it. Just a little left. I want it all gone before I go again.

OK where ya at?[:p]OH and I'll take some when you get back this year too.[^]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats but what about a handgun kill???

Looks like you better get to work![:D]
    edited November -1
    DR I didn't think about a handgun. Handguns are only leagal during the "firearm" season, so I am lumping it in with the shotgun. Maybe that will be my challenge for next year. Bow, shotgun, revolver, rifle, and muzzle loader... That is a lot of venison. Might not be able to get that many tags next year.