In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new bow

mike2555mike2555 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
Shot my new to me bow last night. Mathews LX. Got it used for $400 complete with sight, rest, quiver. It was a 04 model used 1 season. Sold my older Hoyt Intruder for $200 with the works on it and also all the arrows. Trying carbons this year. Gold Tip Hunters. Impressed with it so far. 3 months to go.

Comments

• mike2555mike2555 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't even want to start the "which bow is better" fight...I am shooting a whole lot of different bows and trying to figure out which one is best for me. I broke my right elbow in march and tore the tendons real bad...since then I have been trying to get the arm strength back but it just isn't there...thinking a bow with greater let off will help. Plus these newer bows maintain speed even with lighter draw weights...the days of "macho" draw weight are over for me.
    edited November -1
    I've been using the same old bow for the last 4 or 5 years and i have been considering getting a PSE or fred bear but am not sure what model any ideas?
    edited November -1
    Heard Horton is now making a compound bow. It it is as good as the crossbow it could be a dandy.
    edited November -1
    Hey everybody! Long time no see!! How has everyone been?

Has anyone shot the Matthews Switchback? I was just looking at one on the Matthews website. How does it compare to the Outback?

Thanks guys (and gals)

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
    edited November -1
    Ive need a new bow, growing out of mine, have a Browning Micro Adreanline, love the bow but def. need a new one, i really like hoyts and brownings, what is a good choice for under $650
    edited November -1
    hey guys,i've bow hunted for 15 years i love it.the bow i've got now i've had for 6 years,i'm thinking of buying a new one whats hot right now?
    edited November -1
    Just shot the new bow.

Does anyone really read these post, or am I all alone???

muss
    edited November -1
    Just shot the new bow.

Does anyone really read these post, or am I all alone???

muss
    edited November -1
    Got it today, arrived at like 2:30 pm, got everything on it, nocked it, and put a peep sight in ( which for a brand new string is mighty tough) shot it three times at 5 yards, then 3 times at ten yards...I was 2 inches low and an inch to the right at 5, and dead on at 10! [8D] WHOO HOO!

Proud shooter of a FRED BEAR VAPOR 300!(by team realtree)
    edited November -1
    Well all you guys got me thinkin'. I need a new one haha but i am 18, headin to school in the fall, and work at mc-e-dees-. I cannot spend 400+ on a bow like matthews or hoyt. I WOULD LOVE TO, just can't afford it lol. I looked at pse but it seems any bow company that is in my range 200-250 doesn't make any decent bows. Any input?
    Thanks,
    Anthony (A.GUN)
    edited November -1
    Will Mathews has come out with their New 07 hunting bow called DRENALIN.[8D]....Looks like a new toy maybe bought[:D]

www.mathewsinc.com check it out[:)]
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Bowtech (what I shoot [:D]). Hoyt makes a good bow too. Matthews is another popular one. Bowtech and Hoyt also have lower end (price-wise) bows. They are Diamond and Reflex, respectively. The quality on those is just as good as the parent, just not as many features.
  • davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check Ross Achery,,Great bows and easy to get tuned[:)]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mathews also has a "lower end" bow out called the Mission series. Great bow for the money.
    My choice was the Hoyt Vectrix. Looks like this now...
    IMG_0415.jpg
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    Matthews is another popular one.[?]You meant #1 [:D]
    At lease spell it right Mathews [;)]

I'd look at the Mathews Drenalin..
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    Matthews is another popular one.[?]You meant #1 [:D]
    At lease spell it right Mathews [;)]

I'd look at the Mathews Drenalin..

Right back at you man! (lease[?]) The only reason it is #1 is that the people that own them haven't shot a Bowtech yet! [:p]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Shot hoyt, bowtech and mathews. Chose the Mathews Switchback XT. Bowtech would be second choice.

bow.jpg
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Like my BowTech.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Whats your Budget/// There are many good Bows available I thing If money allowed I would have one of each. let us know what you have to spend then we can recomend the best bow for the money.../ Ilike a nice bow. But I still say 80% the hunter 20% the bow.. welcome to the forum..
    switchback.jpg