In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone?

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Is anyone still huntin'?

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Seeing any Rutting activities?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Full swing here in MN. Too bad it is gun season. They are hammering the bucks!
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got to wait until end of dec and jan for rut here
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I can't get out til tomorrow afternoon/evening but I'm hearing it's full swing here too. taco, Dren boy and several others on 6 other forums say Illinois is full on right now. And its all happened in the last 2 days. I, unfortunately can't hit big woods til next week. i'm hedge row hunting til then.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wish i could get time off work to hunt right now only been once since opening day
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bucks have been following/chasin' here for a couple weeks. Their necks are swollen and they're ready...and I'll be damned if the weather may hit the 60's again next week!!

The does seem be just starting to come in. I had 5 does in front of me last Sat-nite and they were alone other than the 6th deer that appeared but, could not be ID'd. I grunted in a pretty 16-17" 4x3 the next evening but, decided he deserved 2 more years. He came to the call immediately on a string acting like he was the man. I sure hope he's not.

If there ever was a time to hunt whitetails...here...that time is now.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My friend/lucky prick that dropped that 156" buck was out again tuesday afternoon. Saw 4 bucks chasing does snorting and the whole 9 yards.

The SOB dropped an nice 8 pointer that afternoon just 2 days after dropping the 10 point 156"er. Both had fat necks.

Ruts in full swing here in N. Illinois.[:p]
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're chasing round here right now. Still don't respond to a grunt, but the ol can get's em going.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I will let you know tomorrow afternoon. Thats the first I will be able to get out since last Sat. morning. I do know that last Fri. pm that the does seemed to come out to the field by themselves. Not in the herds like before.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I will know saturday havent seen any thing yet... to indicate full blown rut
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    grunted in a spike the other day will be going out in a hour and a half to a stand i have been waiting to use for this day/wind
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    It's on here in Northern GA. I had a nice 8 point come by last Monday and he wasn't stopping for anything. I saw him again Saturday morning hot on the heels of a doe. They were doing the chase game. He didn't even flinch when I hit the grunt call or the can. He had him a hot one and wasn't giving her up.
    Hopefully, he has bred her and will be cruising tomorrow or Sat. when I am out there.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going strong here in Iowa..[:p]
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Full swing in Tn. too!
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    They're chasing round here right now. Still don't respond to a grunt, but the ol can get's em going.

Same here in Pa, we were out this morning and brought in 8 different bucks in a 3 hour window with a can! [:D] It was an awsome morning. [8D]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    They were chasing last night. A heavy horned 8 was trailing 1 of 3 does. He didn't want anything to do with a grunt or the can.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seen a handful of bucks in two days...thats a lot for where I hunt.