In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bow Sights

PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
was wanting to get some info and have you guys suggest some scope mounts for me to check out i shoot a mathews conquest 3 and i am lovin every minute of it i want to start shooting in a league

Comments

• PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a newbie to bows and am trying set up the sights without breaking too many arrows. Do you move the sights opposite the direction you want to move the arrow on the target? I have three pins, what should they be st at. 10, 20 30? Thanks in advance.

"Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything."
    edited November -1
    ok any pros or cons on using a Predator IV Lighted Pendulum Bowsight
    it came with my bow and i like it so far but never hunted with one.

Taz
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    When you screw the pins out, if your right handed, the arrows shoot further right...the oposit is true if your left handed.
    Now the pins is merly a personal choice. But most hunters I know start out at 20 25 30 And just judge the distance in-between. Most bows will shoot only about 2 inches hich at 10 to 15 yards if using a 20 yard pin but this still depends on the bow and the size of the arrows being used...the heavier the more drop.
    I prefer a single pin or croshair set on a adjustable bracket with the yardages marked, I leave my bow set at 25 yards mostly and compensate out to 30 without changing. I know my bow will shoot 4 inches low at 30...2inches high at 20...and 4 inches high at 15. Anything less is mearly childs play.

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
    edited November -1
    Hunter, thanks for the tips! As I said I'm new at this so your advice is appreciated. Good Luck and Good Hunting.

"Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything."
  • Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Piadea,
    I personally use three pins also, 20yds, 30yds, and 40 yds. Once you shoot enough arrows and get comfortable enough to shoot 40 yds this setup should work nicely for you. It also is a matter of personal preference and how fast your bow shoots. Good Luck.
    BT