In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Buckey....I was thinking

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
that you guys may not need to be hooked up with a guy here. I can take you over to Sapelo Island. Tons of hogs there and it would be alot of fun. Look up Sapelo on the net and tell me if you would be interested.

Offer not only open to Buckey. I think it would be fun to host a few of you guys at the house for a week of hunting and eating and whatever else we can get in trouble for.

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait one cotton pickin minute there girl. You were thinking? Oh no we are all in big trouble now[:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Looks nice, how many hogs can ya take and is the season open in Jan or february..[:p]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I dunno how many can you shoot? No limit on hogs in GA hun....

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:whatever else we can get in trouble for.

[:0][}:)][:D][;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    quote: whatever else we can get in trouble for.
    Is David cool with that?[}:)][:D]
    edited November -1
    does it matter? [}:)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    No limit[?] are they big there[?]. I'll bring lots of arrows[:p]
    edited November -1
    Well not like you are going to shoot an 800 lb one there but there are nice ones.

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:gagirl Posted - 05/17/2005 : 1:01:51 PM
    does it matter?
    After he stole your bow money, probably not[;)]
    edited November -1
    Gagirl how does Jan sound right now got 2 guys that want to go.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Deer

Archery (Either Sex): North End- Sept. 11-Oct. 12; Sign-In. South End- Nov. 11-13; Dec. 16-18; Quota 125; Check-In.
    Primitive Weapons (Either Sex): Oct 14-16; Quota 125; Check-In.
    Firearms (Either Sex): Oct. 28-30; Dec. 2-4; Quota 125; Check-In.
    Turkey

Mar. 26-May 15; Sign-In.
    Small Game & Furbearers

Aug. 15-Sept. 10; Oct. 17-26; Oct. 31-Nov. 9; Nov. 14-30; Dec. 5-14; Dec. 19-Feb. 28.
    Feral hogs may be taken during small game dates after Oct. 31.
    Furbearer dog training allowed (more information).

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=31

is the link for a license and you can get one online. I think it will be about $25.00 for a non resident for a 7 day license. Not too bad huh?

Oh yeah Jan sounds good to me, but its not like I am going anywhere. It is a great time for an oyster roast too.

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    gonna start planning it will keep ya posted maybe we can get some of these other slobs on the forum to join us[:D][:D][:D][;)]
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm let me see here, 1. Hog hunt 2. Oyster roast 3. Warmer weather than the fridgid Michigan winter 4. Hottie hostess. Yeah I think I could find an opening in the old schedule.
    edited November -1
    gogo.... not tons warmer just no snow. AND I HATE COLD WEATHER.... give me the beach [:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    How cold are you talking 40's-50's heck I would be in shorts and a tee shirt coming from 10's-20's
    edited November -1
    No hun anywhere from teens-mid 30s that time of year. But come on and show us those sexy legs [:D]

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    [:I] If ya really want to see them. I didn't think it got that cold down there near the coast. Thats cool though won't get me all sissified for the rest of the winter at home.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    give me the beach [:D]

ya, me too
    edited November -1
    Girly -girl is there any hotels close to the hunting area that are moderatly priced? resturaunts ect, hot Blonds Ya know the regular hunting stuff.[:0]
    edited November -1
    Hun if it is just 3 of yall you can prolly stay with us. Free island access is restricted to inhabitants of Hog Hammock (descendants of slaves who once worked on the Sapelo plantation of Thomas Spalding) and staff of the University of Georgia's Marine Institute. There are three ways others may visit the island: as members of organized, nonprofit groups holding reservations at the Cabretta Island Campground or the Reynolds Mansion (where presidents Coolidge, Hoover and Carter have stayed); as individuals with overnight reservations at one of the handful of public lodgings in Hog Hammock; or as participants on scheduled day tours operating from the mainland.

It all depends on how many and all that stuff. I think you may enjoy learing about the Gullah Culture during the non hunting minutes. The people are really interesting. Truely prolly the closest thing to what the slave culture was truely like. But the food... OMG THE FOOD is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Been looking on line looks like a real nice place. I am going to read more about it. ( slaves) A' cant be using that word in this neck of the woods. all the minorioties have more rights than I do. [B)]