In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A different kind of hunting...

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, who out there hunts mushrooms? NO, not that kind! Morels. (I think that's how you spell it.) They are up pretty good around here and I had a few for supper last night! mmmmmm good![:D] So, any other "shroom" hunters out there? Oh, and forget about using a mathews on 'em. You got to be really quiet on these things! One little "twang" and they're gone!!![:D]

COME ON!!! IT'S BEEN TOO QUIET ON HERE!!![:D]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    No, I'm to scared.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Slash... bite me! I love those things and cant get anyone to ship me some [V]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:gagirl Posted - 04/25/2006 : 08:52:30 AM
    Slash... bite me! I love those things and cant get anyone to ship me some

Gagirl, If you can suggest a way for me to ship them to you, I'd be more than happy to try and find you some and send them to you. Do they not grow down there?

quote:bang250 Posted - 04/25/2006 : 08:49:17 AM
    No, I'm to scared.

I figured you'd be scared. Those shrooms can get pretty nasty when you get them cornered![:D] They put up a heck of a fight too!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    you can dehydrate them, and ship them bagged and boxed. Just soak them in water when you get them, and wallah!

Ben
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I know which ones to pick..[:0] we used to mushroom all the time I havent gone in a couple of years. hopefully I will have some time this year. they are good eating....I usually go for yellow oaks
    they usually appear around sept 15th to end of sept... Then brown oaks oct 15 th till nov... and chestnut mushrooms along with hen of the woods also refered to as sinorrita mushroom these can get up to 70 -80 lbs .. and are a pain in the * to clean but they are very good eating..[:p][;)]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Slash... thanks but thats alot to ask someone. I can order them shipped for about 25-30 a lb. I really do appreciate the offer though.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had some shrooms once. *shudder* they kinda freaked me out. oh...oops, you are talking about different ones than that. [:I]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    i had some shrooms once. *shudder* they kinda freaked me out. oh...oops, you are talking about different ones than that. [:I]

[:D] You have to listen to black sabbath when you eat them. Or thats what I heard back when I was 19-20.