In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

THE ARROW ENHANCER....GOOD OR BAD?

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
Has anyone tried the "Enhancer"? It's a new product that supposedly increases arrow penetration by up to 60% using "mass shifting technology". It pretty much is just an internal brass slug that slides freely in the arrow. When the arrow hits its target it slides forward and creates a secondary impact. They claim it increases accuracy too. Sounds good, but I need to hear some actual testimony before I spend $20/per 3. This would make loosing an arrow even more of an enjoyable experience. But if it helps break bones, it'd be worth it.

Edited by - fishermanben on 09/08/2002 17:51:15

Comments

• excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    let me tell you from experience go for the 2 blade broadheads for penitrration. I have killed more big game with zwickey broadheads with complete passthroughs and taking out ribs like they were not there. I shot a 350lbs black bear and broke through his shoulder blade and went to and though the lung. just my input. good luck.
  • ZwickeymanZwickeyman Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have found in the past that allot of this type product does not do what they claim. I believe if you want real penetration you can not beat a Zwickey 2 blade broadhead. I have used them for some odd 30 years and have never had any penetration problems. The one thing I try to believe in when it comes to archery is KISS keep it simple stupid gererally works the best. Just my $.02 worth
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Do you think that the 2 blade broadheads fly as true as 3 blade? Have you had any problems w/ minimal external blood loss? Right now I'm using 100gr thunderheads w/2117s, and approximately 58lb draw weight on Illinois White tail only. Do you think going to a 2 blade would be that advantageous?
    Thanks for your input,
    Ben
    edited November -1
    Like I said I have hunted with Zwickey 2 blade broadheads for some time and have never had a problem with a good blood trail or penetration. I also like them because I hate buying tose replacement blades. I can hit my Zwickey on a stone and go right back to using the head. In fact the quickest deer kill I ever made was with a Zwickey broadhead the deer took two steps and fell like a brick. I shoot them on Easton ACC arrows out of a 70# Darton Maverick and they fly like darts, this is one reason I shoot them because I alway's had trouble getting my 3 and 4 blade heads to fly as good as they do. Of course tis is just my opinion & $.02 worth.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I will definitely consider the zwickeys. I think arrow penetration is the most important factor in a clean kill. Now, if I can only cure my dependence on thunderheads. Maybe I'll join thunderhead's Anonymous. Thank you for your input.
    Ben
    edited November -1
    Don't feel bad, at one time I thought Thunderheads were the only thing that would do the job, but at some point and time I decided that I was spending way to much on replacement blades and after the first Deer I took with a Zwickey I was hooked.
    Good Luck and Good Hunting