In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

tying string loop

mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a new bow, Should I try to tye a string loop for a release or take it to the shop and have it done. The knot seems to be simple to tye, but are there any secrets to it??? Do I need to gllue it once tied??? Thanks for the info.

muss

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=103380

This might help some. I'd take mine to a shop.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muss,
    There is no glue neccesary for the release loop the knot is such that it binds on itself and will not come undone, just tie it tight and burn the loose ends to lock it in place, it will tighten on its own after a few times drawing back with it. I have tied my own twice but I prefer to take it in just because it gives me an excuse to go to the archery shop.

Suspension,
    C'mon man he needs a release loop not a new string, geez.
    edited November -1
    "string loop for a release" guess that part was added after I read it, probably just to make me look silly. [;)]
    Oh my I have finally made a mistake, wow is me.[:D][:D]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just bustin your chops a little sorry.
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys, I think I will still "buy" strings. HAHAHA the loop I can handle.

muss
    edited November -1
    You guys can bust my chops all you want now. I'm not at work anymore, got all the yard work done, finished the nightly dog training, and now I'm kicking back with a mich light. [^][:D]

muss, welcome aboard. Hope this isn't a one time question then you leave. Stick around