In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comparison

mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
I haven't done any research on the different bows. The main reason I have a Hoyt is because the person behind the counter was certified to work on Hoyt and she was cute[;)] Dang what a girl can do to scramble a persons mind[}:)]
Anyway, what are the pros and cons to the bow that you use compared to the other bows on the market? Is there true technological advances from one to the other? Is Reflex w/ its cam1/2 system as good as Hoyt? Is Mattews that much smoother and quiter than a Hoyt? Has there been any double Blind(no not the hunting kind[:o)]) studies? And what is up with those crazy looking Bowtecs? I always read the arguments back and forth, but the proof is in the pudding, So lets have it-Here or link it up.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well I have a PSE Nova. It is not fast. It is not quiet. It is not 15 inches from limb to limb. But, it still shoots arrows, and is accurate.

Another ADD ON question: Do you think certain models of bows are more accurate than others?

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • gonecribbingonecribbin Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a buddy who is one of the best dart throwers in the nation. You can hand him any three darts (any brand) and within 6 throws he will have found the bullseye with an unbelievable consistancy.
    I believe this to be true with bows and bow shooters, if you practice enough and have the right knowledge, you can make any bow "look like" the best bow on the market.
    Its all a matter of opinion, but I think if you took the top archer in the world and gave him Ben's Nova, he would whoop anyone with a $1500 set-up.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    quote:Is Reflex w/ its cam1/2 system as good as Hoyt
    well id say ya cuz hoyt owns reflex and puts its stuff on the bow under a different name

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I said in another post, if yer shootin a bow and killin whatever you are hunting for, who cares what name is on it. Others bows might be quieter, faster, able to leap small buildings, but as long as i'm killin deer i'll stick with what I got.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!