In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Switchback is here!

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
Got my new Switchback in at Mike's Gun Shop of Pensacola. Now, I've got to outfit this joker. What are your suggestions for:
-Arrow rest
-Sights (3 pin)
-Stabilizer
-Arrows
-Release

Anything you can recomend is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These are the accessories I am putting on my new hoyt

NAP 2000 drop away
    Copper John hunter 5 pin, you can get them in 3 pin, bought this used on AT and they are very nice sights
    6.5 inch doinker
    Easton axis arrows
    T.R.U. ball Pro diamond with a caliper head, bought one for 68 + shipping, they retail for 90. You can look on AT for some good deals on releases of all sorts. Find two or three that you like, try them out then sell the two that don't fit right.
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It really depends on how much money you want to spend. By the way what do you pay on the mathews? If you want to go top of the line, I can suggest some stuff ...or middle of the line..definatly try a drop away either trophy taker, rip cord, or schaffer...On the arrows you are going carbon arnt you? what is your draw length and poundage ( it will make a difference what arrow shaft you will use on either carbons or aluminums )shelly at winchester sportsmans outfitters

shelly
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Shelly went to your store sight.pretty cool if it was the right one.[:o)]
    http://www.winchestersports.com/

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    thats ours, but I have so much more that needs to be posted (too many sku's )and redone..not bad for just learning as i go..

shelly
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    All sounds good. The Copper John Sight is a definite now, read and heard to many people singing it's praises. I like the idea of the Trophy Ridge "Drop Zone" rest but still might consider others. Had a Muzzy "Zero Effect" before and really loved it but then, it was pretty much the only one on the market, lots more out there now. I guess fluid free is the way to go on the single cam bows so now it's a toss up between a 6" doinker and a Vibracheck "Icon". I will be putting Bowjax on the strings and limbs. Does anyone shoot with the quiver still on the bow? I tend not to but it sure is handy for carrying arrows. Still thinking on that stuff. Gold Tip carbon arrows are pretty much a guarantee at this point and I don't care for expandables so a fixed 100 grain broadhead will most likly be mounted in the pointy end.

I paid $650 for the bow and hope this one will keep me in the woods for a long time. Sure is nice to start hunting the Florida swamps nearly 2 months earlier than everyone else!

• Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a quiki quiver and hang it to one side of me in the tree.[:o)]quote:Originally posted by will270win
    All sounds good. The Copper John Sight is a definite now, read and heard to many people singing it's praises. I like the idea of the Trophy Ridge "Drop Zone" rest but still might consider others. Had a Muzzy "Zero Effect" before and really loved it but then, it was pretty much the only one on the market, lots more out there now. I guess fluid free is the way to go on the single cam bows so now it's a toss up between a 6" doinker and a Vibracheck "Icon". I will be putting Bowjax on the strings and limbs. Does anyone shoot with the quiver still on the bow? I tend not to but it sure is handy for carrying arrows. Still thinking on that stuff. Gold Tip carbon arrows are pretty much a guarantee at this point and I don't care for expandables so a fixed 100 grain broadhead will most likly be mounted in the pointy end.

I paid $650 for the bow and hope this one will keep me in the woods for a long time. Sure is nice to start hunting the Florida swamps nearly 2 months earlier than everyone else!

MLMorgan
    edited November -1
    nobody really shoots with the quiver on nowadays. The is a bow stand that you fill with sand that you can use when playing, its very handy. As for the muzzy dropaway its just is heavy and bulky, try the others Im sure you like them. Have you ever tried the trophy ridge sights? they are the most popular right now.

shelly
    edited November -1
    I've seen the trophy ridge stuff. Very interesting stuff. They have a Drop away too, right? Maybe a good idea to get the sight and the drop away from trophy ridge? Just a thought. Stuff is a little harder to get for me also, I'm a lefty.

edited November -1
    if you have problems getting stuff since your a lefty just call me 903-291-1983

shelly
    edited November -1
    Sure thing!

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like these sights
    http://www.viperarcheryproducts.com/sights.html
    http://www.extremearchery.com/sight_intro.html
    Good rest for the money
    http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/qtrg.asp
    Arrows depending on what you want to do i.e. target, 3d or just hunting. Target or 3D you are going to want a larger diameter arrow to help with that pesky line breaking for higher score. For that I like x-cutters or xt-22's. For just hunting I really like the easton Axis arrows.
    Your stabilizer in my mind is six of one half dozen of another, unless you start getting into your massive target styles.
    Your release is mainly personal preference I prefer a Fletch Hunter but some people don't like them.
  • tmtm Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little late here as I don't hang out here much. I'm using a Trophy Taker with a loop & a Spot Hog 7 pin sight. I've found that my Switchback likes stiff arrows. At 29" & 70 pounds I'm using 300 spine arrows (3-71 ACCs). They're the only ones that I've found that will tune with 100 & 125 grain broadheads. Just got in from getting it tuned to 80 yards with broadheads and field points hitting the same place. Now don't give me any guff about shooting 80 yards at game-just like to tune out that far cause it'll show if something isn't right.[8)]
  • instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a 70yd pin for caribou

Picture024.jpg